• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD Crashing on opening 2 documents at a different time.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After march update to 38.0.12, always like this when opening 2 XD documents, and after that it will be not responding.
Detail is :
1. I opened 1 document until done, everything was normal

2. After 2 second I open another document and it happens
3. Both 2 documents is opened but I cannot click anything, when I randomly click everywhere my task manager says "not responding"

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Syukri,

We are sorry to hear you are crash while opening two documents in XD. Would you mind sharing the OS and XD versions of your machine? Could you please generate Adobe logs and Crash dump along with the XD file and upload them to a shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and share the URL with us over a PM?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aeo96s7if90o3qt/XD.exe.13648.dmp?dl=0
Hi Harshika, Thank you for your response,

There is dump file base on tutorial on collecting crash dump file.
Maybe for additional info, the app is never crash it just not responding, and its always end task in task manager by my self. And before 38.0.12 update i ussualy openning 2-3 XD files (sometimes 4) at the same time and my PC never have any problem with high RAM and proccessor usage.

Any way there is another XD update last week and its make better, but some times its happen again.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I forgot, my OS is windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the logs. I would request you to please update XD to 39 version and let me know if you're still experiencing the issue.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After update in 39.0.12 its getting worse, I cant do anything when open 2 XD document, its stuck.
There is no "not responding" in my task manager but cannot click anything. Its consume CPU usage 60% & RAM more than 10GB.

I just want to copy screen artboard from 1 file to another file.

Anyway I using adobe XD more than 15 hours a day in a last 3 years (This is my 2nd year subscription) and this is never happen in my PC, its getting irritating.

My PC specification :
AMD FX-6300 6-Core

Corsair Vengeance Ram Dual Channel 16GB DDR3
SSD Sata WD 512
GTX 750 TI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitely not expected and we apologize for the frustration. Could you please generate the Adobe logs on XD 39 version and share them with me again? Please do share the XD file consuming Ram as well.

Please try sharing Adobe XD logs by going to this location. 
AdobeXD.log: %localappdata%\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\LocalState\

I will make sure that I will log the bug for this issue and escalate it to them for investigation. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika, 

This is the XD log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uz83jqkpgxbi5rt/AdobeXD.log?dl=0

And this is XD file, 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7u1ldrhtvevik9m/Teman%20Sehat%20-%20Person%20App_v.2.xd?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l75qmgt0pv17icv/Teman%20Sehat%20-%20Person%20App_v.3.xd?dl=0

its perfectly fine when opening and working only 1 XD file for 10 hours+ , but its getting freezing after opening another XD file.
For another info, actually it's not just limited to that file only, it happens in all files when it is opened for the second time after the first file is open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For additional info, I try to record  my desktop
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovyo84vkg1wu2g5/bandicam%202021-04-22%2003-34-26-703.mp4?dl=0

Thank You,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines