• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD crashing when attempting to load a large file with newer version of app

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About a week ago I was working on a rather large file (~190mb) within XD that contained a lot of Illustration work imported/copied from Illustrator with some UI elements ...Realise XD perhaps not best tool for dense Illustration pieces/management but Iwas passed an earlier version of this file to work on.
I allowed Xd to update to version 32 app but I was subddenly unable to open the same file I'd literally just been working on prior to update - file progress bar gets about 1/3 of way across and XD shuts down.

When I opened XD again it actually showed a preview in 'Recent documents' panel of file I need. Luckily I saw I could rollback to an older version and following that I was able to open & continue working on file. Since then I had to update the XD app again so I could open a file from a colleague as it was 'made with a newer version of the software'. Now I have to make an edit to the older Illustration based file and again the XD application crashes during file load - I have updated to the most recent version (v33) in hope of it working but no such luck. I was hoping to rollback to a 'stable' version but can no longer go back beyond v32.

Is there any way to access older version beyond what the Creative Cloud app displays? I have seen other threads talking about 'advanced options' and disabling 'remove older app versions' but annoyingly XD doesn't have these options.

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Open and save docs , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. I am afraid, we can only install the latest and the version prior to the latest one. Having said that, we can surely troubleshoot, why you are unable to open that file. If it is happening with a specific file, will it be possible for you to share the file with us? If yes, please add the file to shared storage, and then you can DM the link to me by clicking on my name.

Note: While sending DM, please add this discussion link in the subject.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DM sent, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so sorry for the delay in response, James. Could you please send the file again, somehow I am unable to download the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries, I've sent another DM with a link.

In mean time I was able to temporarily secure/access another computer that had not been updated to a newer version of XD (still was on a v31) and after a couple of attempts was able to re-open the file however it may not be a long term solution as depends on how long this computer can remain on an older version of app - system maybe needed for future work and so will inevitably require updating to a newer version of XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines