Highlighted

XD Crashing when exporting multiple images to JPG or PNG

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a regular issue for the last couple of versions, so not sure if its just me.

When selecting multiple objects and exporting (@1 + 2) XD crashes when trying to complete the export.

Any help most appreciated, as its very frustrating.

TOPICS
Crash on windows, Import and export, Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

XD Crashing when exporting multiple images to JPG or PNG

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a regular issue for the last couple of versions, so not sure if its just me.

When selecting multiple objects and exporting (@1 + 2) XD crashes when trying to complete the export.

Any help most appreciated, as its very frustrating.

TOPICS
Crash on windows, Import and export, Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 21, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I tested this on my end on Windows 10 and it seems to work fine so could you please confirm if it is happening with a specific file or multiple files? If it's happening with multiple files, I'd recommend re-installing the application and let us know how it works after that. We'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

It happens with multiple files mainly, when I've selected 7 or 8 objects (usually images as opposed to vector based objects). I end up having to reboot as I can't even kill the process from the task manager once this happens,

I will try re-installing and report back, thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, I've removed and reinstalled the app, but the issue persists.

It might be that the images are perhaps larger than they could be (some are maybe 4000px wide), so will try with resized images.

This was what I was doing:

• Create new doc
  • Draw square/rectangle and use repeat grid to multiply (lets say 8 boxes in total in 2 rows)
  • Drag 8 images into the grid (which fill the 8 boxes with images)
  • Ungroup the grid
  • At this stage, I noticed that all of the images (boxes) had the same name so had to rename each one
  • Export for web (1x & 2x)
  • Its starts the export, but crashes during
  • If I attempt to kill the process using Task Manager, it leaves another instance of XD (Runtime broker) running whivch I cannot kill

Thats about it. Many thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for performing the uninstall/reinstall of XD and sharing the steps of your workflow. I would like to confirm if you have tried signing out of XD and Creative Cloud, restart the machine and then sign back in.

If that doesn't help, please generate the logs using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html along with the sample file. Upload the files to a shared location such as Creative Cloud and share the URL with me over a private message.

Note: Please share the URL of this post while sending a PM.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, I've sent the log file and XD. 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite various updates to XD, I'm still experiencing this problem.
I try to save out multiple images (artboards or groups) at once, and XD simply crashes.

I end up having to use task manager to close xd, but even then it still runs the 'Runtime Broker' which doesn't close so I have to restart the pc.

Frustrating.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New log file uploaded via the log app:

AdobeLogs_20200924_071609_683-win.zxp

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
liam-p LATEST
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also consistently having this problem:

• MacOs Catalana 10.15.5
  • XD  33.1.12.4

Exports the JPGs but app then freezes - basically never comes out of the export progress dialogue.

Only solution is to force close the app and start again.....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0