Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD Crashing when left idle

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been using XD for a while now to do design work for the website of the organisation I work for. I use it on a work laptop - Surface Book 3 and a home desktop - Custom-built gaming spec PC. I have no issues using the program itself, but what I am finding, on the work laptop, is that if I go idle - comfort break, go to make a hot drink, when I return and log back in XD will have closed. Its not a huge problem because I don't lose any progress with the cloud saving. But the behaviour does seem odd.

I don't have administrator access on the machine. But checking the windows event logs nothing is reported. Also, no other applications close in this scenario, just XD seems to be affected.

My best guess is that its related to the laptop's idle behaviour. As its a work machine, when its idle it becomes locked, and  I must enter my password again to then continue. Its always in this scenario that I resume working to find XD no longer open.

Using XD on my home desktop, I don't experience this issue. This machine doesn't lock, if I leave it idle.

Thanks
Leigh

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this issue Please use  adobexd.uservoice.com this is the best place to send us feature requests. Your contributions can help us shape the future of Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Leigh,

Thanks for reaching out and highlighting this. To investigate this further, please share system logs https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/in/xd/kb/how-to-collect-crash-logs.ug.html and crash dump https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/how-to-generate-crash-dump-on-windows-machine.html 

Once you have enabled the crash dump, please wait for the application to crash, once it crashes please collect system logs and the crash dump.  

Please add both the log files to a shared drive like Google Drive or DropBox and share the link through DM by clicking on my name.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines