• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD crashing while trying to open files.

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My XD is reporting being up to date. I have a number of design files. Some local and some in cloud storage. When I try to open them, the start to open and I can see the artboards appear. However, I never get to control the app before it just disappears. I get a crash report form each time I restart but this happens 100% of the time.

This is a major problem as there is important work in these files. Currently I can't do any work.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Data loss , Open and save docs , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luke,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues opening XD. We would request you to please share the XD and the OS version of your machine. Could you please try step 3rd of this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/xd/kb/xd-crashes-when-launched-on-Windows.ug.html?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Harshika.

I am using version 40.0.22.12

OS is Windows 10 Enterprise version 1803

I'll attempt the guidance, but I may be restricted by corporate policy. I'll update when I do. 

Currently the problem is persisting for higher fidelity prototypes. Some low-fi designs seem to be opening fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still experiencing the problem. Display driver update did not work. Please help. I am due to handover some of this design shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the information. It looks like you're in an enterprise environment. I would request you to please create a case, or initiate a chat from the Admin Console's support tab if you're a System or Support administrator using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.cc.html

If not, then contact your admin and ask them to create a case or start chat through the admin console so that our enterprise team can directly help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For information:

I rolled my install back to v39.0.12.12 as offered in creative cloud client. This seems to have made the problem go away for now.

Hopefully this helps to find the source of the problem.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines