• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD-created CC Libraries

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC library integration is a fantastic feature, many thanks to the XD team. Adding, grouping and organizing library items is extremely easy and efficient.

Unfortunately I've encountered an issue that makes it unusable for my purposes. When adding a character style to the library, it seems to work just fine within XD. But if you open the XD-created library in another Adobe app, something gets lost in translation.

For example, in XD (24.2.22.8) I add a Helvetica Neue Medium 70 character style to my CC library.

I then create a new document in PS 2020 (21.0.1), click to apply the newly saved character style, and it outputs Helvetica Neue Condensed Bold 140.

In Illustrator 2020 (24.0), the font size is applied correctly, but the weight is incorrect.

inDesign 2020 (15.0), it spins for ~80s and applies the wrong font family altogether.

Similar attempts using different fonts, including Myriad Pro, produce similar results. Apps were recently updated and the machine was rebooted. Working on a Macbook Pro 2018, OS 10.13.6, 2.7GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Creative Cloud 5.0.0.354.

TL;DR - My XD-created library assets don't seem to work in the rest of my CC apps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

I've discovered the reason why my library character styles double in size in PS 2020. I chose a 144ppi document resolution in PS, whereas XD documents, to my understanding, are constrained to 72ppi. Logically, a character style created at 72ppi should double in size at 144ppi. But it begs the question, should there be a way to create "agnostic" library items that maintain their properties independently of the source or destination?

My other issue may be due to the (in)ability of XD to convey sty

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've discovered the reason why my library character styles double in size in PS 2020. I chose a 144ppi document resolution in PS, whereas XD documents, to my understanding, are constrained to 72ppi. Logically, a character style created at 72ppi should double in size at 144ppi. But it begs the question, should there be a way to create "agnostic" library items that maintain their properties independently of the source or destination?

My other issue may be due to the (in)ability of XD to convey styles/weights of some fonts. I am in the process of re-creating my library in Illustrator 2020, and it seems to be working just fine. Font families, sizes, weights, line heights - all seem to be accurately transmitted via my CC library.

TL;DR - I found a workaround using Illustrator 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines