• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD Creating Duplicate Files?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently while trying to clear up some space on my MacBook Pro I discovered that in the Application Support folder in the Library XD has been (or appears to have been) creating duplicate files of anything I work on. A new file/folder is created each time I do a save on an open file. The folders are random numbers and all the files are simply named copy.xd.

These are taking a lot of space on my Mac and it appears that if I delete them, I can still open the original file. Can I delete all of these without some bad consequence? Or should I just keep them?

I've attached a screenshot to show what these look like in the following location: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe XD

I can't find any thread anywhere about these files or their purpose so any direction is greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. The above-shared location is a temporary location for auto-saving an XD file which comes in handy when for some reason you are unable to save the file, it can be restored from here. Having said that, you can surely go ahead and delete it if you already have the files saved.

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. The above-shared location is a temporary location for auto-saving an XD file which comes in handy when for some reason you are unable to save the file, it can be restored from here. Having said that, you can surely go ahead and delete it if you already have the files saved.

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sweet! I was hoping that was the answer.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines