• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD doesn't open

Advisor ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the issue of slow openings before, it comes and goes. These last couple of days I get the opening screen but with a circular green spinner/loader that never ends, I just have to overlook it and click to open a local file. I just discovered an update today and I accepted that, I should obviously never had done that cause now all I get is a white blank screen when opening XD. In other words nothing. When I go to the task manager XD isn't showing there. Sometimes the white screen goes goes away and I'm left with nothing. This occurs on all the workstations I have installed XD on. After each update Adobe bless us with gifts such as this.

XD.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Perrybrus,

Sorry that you had to go through this experience and thanks for bringing this up. I would request you to try the steps mentioned here: - https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/kb/adobeXD-launches-into-white-screen-on-windows.html and update this discussion with the results.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you out of your mind??! Do you seriously expect people to alter and edit all those configurations within Windows? Are you aware of the consequence of that in each and every W setup?!  Make sure your product runs on W10 or just stop developing for Windows. Send out a warning that XD doesn't work with W10 instead of asking people to edit and alter the system of Windows that may end up causing serious problems in the way the registry of the OS handles files. I read trough your list and it doesn't even mirror the correct tab and filenames. Some of them don't even exist. And do you seriously expect people to edit the OS registry because XD all of a sudden decides to stop working on W10????!

it's an outrage!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there. I have Windows 10 latest version and XD opens though a little slowly. I wonder if your windows permissions for Adobe may have changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean? I have three different work stations. Two of them shares the same CC Enterprise license, the third is a stand-alone client with single installation of CC on it. None of them can open XD anymore, it started with a very slow startup on one of them, then it wasn't possible to open any of them on the other ones that are on different LANs. This is nothing new, if you Google this people have struggled with not being able to open XD for years. Seems to me that this hits users randomly in different periods. I for one haven't changed a single thing on my Windows setup, so there's nothing from my side that could be causing this. I administrate and run my own machines.

You are saying you experience slow startup with XD, so what leads you believe that's okay? If there's a local change in admin rules or file structure the application shouldn't be opening slow. And it most surely shouldn't be opening with a white empty square. This is classic bug behavior. Opening slow, not opening at all, opening but with an empty UI with only a XD logo on it etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well only the first time it is slow. Then when it is in memory, it loads fast.

When I talk about permissions, sometimes Windows 10 updates mess up things and there was a major update last week because of a major security issue. I updated all my Windows 10 stations because it was a serious one and I did not want to even wait for the automatic updates to do it.

I know that sometimes networks restrict permissions for Adobe which checks your license when you load.

Anyway, I am not sure why you are having this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And btw, does any other adobe software fail to load?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As usual it's XD failing and not the other Adobe products. It's always XD. So many times Adobe have fed us lies telling us we have local hardware issues, either it's the graphic board, the RAM type, the LAN, the WAN, the HD, the CPU, the configuration of all of them etc etc. The list of excuses when it comes to XD is very long. I've been in this game for more than 25 years now and I've experienced my share of software errors, but never have I met a team that is so ignorant to their own mess than XD. I have never concluded with any local hardware error causing XD to preform faulty but I have experienced hundreds of errors directly due to program bugs in XD - problem is they have Indian support forum workers that are obliged to run excuses on autopilot. "Sorry to hear your experiencing problems" etc. This is even when they KNOW the problem is caused by a corrupt update in XD. Cause after some weeks they silently sneak a new update into the mix carrying a small fix. That's the way of work over at the XD offices. We have all become live crash test dummies. They don't test their own poison, the just launch the thing with bugs and all. Makes me question their ethics in general.

We are working hard to emigrate from XD to Figma, but stuff like that takes time in large organizations. But the lack of stability in XD is impossible to accept and it's costing us alot of money due to loss of productivity. No one can rely on XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand you're frustrated about it. You can try first 2 solutions and if the problem still exists, please get in touch with our support team for 1:1 support on this. Here is the link that you may use to get in touch with the support team: - Contact Customer Care.​

Please let me know in case you need assistance with any of the procedures mentioned above, I'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must be joking. Your explanation doesn't even match your own text. Theres no 7 steps to this. There's no correspondence between what you write there and whats available in windows. And for the love of God STOP telling people to alter the -os- registry! It's an outrage. I mean seriously? Are you guys for real with this?

THE END

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Perrybrus,

Theres no 7 steps to this. There's no correspondence between what you write there and whats available in windows.

Could you please confirm if you were able to reach this screen? Please share the screenshot and I'd be happy to assist you further with this.

It would be helpful if you could collect the logs as mentioned here:- How to use the Creative Cloud Log Collector tool​, apart from this, please generate the crash dump using this link:- How to generate crash dumps on a Windows machine and share the link of the logs so that we can investigate it further.

I can certainly assure you that the team is working really hard to deliver the smooth experience with every update. I know you have been struggling with this, I appreciate your patience as well. Feel free to get in touch with our support team so that they may provide you 1:1 assistance and I am sure it would be helpful. Let me know in case you need assistance with that.

nevers.design​please try the steps mentioned in message # 1, if the problem still persists, please collect the logs, upload them to CC or Dropbox and share the link via private message. I have already sent a private message, you may respond that that as well.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all the steps in message 1 as well as the 3 solutions given in the link. Nothing here solved the issue so I checked out the Adobe customer service contact page and was able to receive help and fix the solution. An adobe customer service rep ended up deleting all my redistributable files via control panel and went for a full uninstall of the program by deleting some of the cached folders, memory folders, etc. That seemed to have fix the issue although i'm still not sure what the issue was. It probably had something to do with the update but i'm just glad it was solved. I appreciate the customer service and know you guys are doing the best you can with a program that is still developing and evolving. Adobe XD has a lot of potential

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This discussion is also happening over here. https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2627330

Suggestions are to change things in the regedit or System32 folder.

I poked around in both, didn't really change anything because I either couldn't find the thing in regedit or didn't need to make changes in system32 as it was already set correctly.

I then restarted my machine and opened XD.

First time after the restart it opened with the processing circle continuously going in the Recent files area.
Second time I opened it everything is in place.

Not sure if I did anything in the regedit or system32 areas to kick it into gear but it's definitely up and running again after a restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines