• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD expiration date?

New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am starting to make a new portfolio website in XD, and so far I really like the software! However im a bit hesitant, to continue and finish it now. Adding everything I did the last 10 years is a lot of work and maintaining it the next years as well. Having a great site would be worth it of cours.

HOWEVER.... if XD would stop being supported in 5 years because Adobe doesn't find it profitable (or whatever reasons they would have)... would I then have to go and build an entire new website? Cos if that is the case, im definitely going to re asses my strategy.

Does anyone have an insight on this or have also thought about this issue and has a plan?
I'd love to hear others POV on this!

TOPICS
Missing feature , Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am curious as to know how and why you are building a website in XD. XD is a software for prototyping and does not generate HTML code at the backend for you to export it as an HTML page that can be hosted on a browser. 

You can create a prototype in XD that can export CSS and assets that you can use for further development in an HTML editor. 

Let me know if I misread your question.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANKS, FOR YOU REPLY!!! The why is, because I tried it in WordPress and got very frustrated. Every simple thing I seem to want to do needs a plugin. It just doesn't feel.... natural to me. I look at the design and all I seem to end up with is a website that looks like 2908309 others.... Not what I want at all. After a year of procrastinating I started again and got totally demotivated with Word press again after 2 days.

So my idea was, I love Adobe software, it's always so intuitive. I am use to ai, ae ps and others. So i thought why not give XD a try. And in 1 hour I had done more than in 2 days of WordPress. AND IT look precisely how I wanted it! Now that I read your comment I looked into it and realize I should use Adobe Spark.

But then my same question rises. How long is Adobe planning on keeping this software in the market?
(
Because i do not want to build a website, for which I am reliant on a product that may stop running after x amount of years).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines