• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD export to super low quiality.......

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello from couple of weeks i find out that when i want to export my Artboards XD export them in super low quility. I try everything but still not working , and i cannot upload my projects... i read related forums about that problem but its look like never get fixed... so ADOBE YOU JUST FORCE ME TO STOP MY SUBSCRIPTIONS AND MOVE TO FIGMA !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

You are not exporting at 3x, it says you are "Designing at" 3x, so the 1x and 2x will come out smaller.

I know it's confusing, but "Designed at" should be set to "1x" in your case, so Xd will export the bigger 2x and 3x from that. When you set it to 3x, it works backwards from that, and divides it to make the smaller 1x and 2x resolutions.

You might wonder why it's made like that, why would you design at 3x? An example would be a mobile game like this.

In that situation, you would be using a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Denis, can you give a bit more info on the issue? Maybe we can help figure it out.

If you can upload screenshots or share the prototype, along with a screenshot of your export settings, that would be useful in identifying the issue. If you can record a video of the process/errors, that would be great.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I export for iOS at 3x ,  also with the other options , still exports are with bad quiality and is like that for all my projects. I try reinstall XD , but that not help as well.iPhone X, XS, 11 Pro – 3@3x.pngiPhone X, XS, 11 Pro – 4@3x.pngiPhone X, XS, 11 Pro – 5@3x.pngScreenshot 2020-08-23 at 17.07.51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not exporting at 3x, it says you are "Designing at" 3x, so the 1x and 2x will come out smaller.

I know it's confusing, but "Designed at" should be set to "1x" in your case, so Xd will export the bigger 2x and 3x from that. When you set it to 3x, it works backwards from that, and divides it to make the smaller 1x and 2x resolutions.

You might wonder why it's made like that, why would you design at 3x? An example would be a mobile game like this.

In that situation, you would be using a lot of raster graphics made in Photoshop, and you want to "Design at" the scaled 3x resolution, to ensure everything is crisp on the retina devices. Xd would then scale down the assets for the smaller resolutions on export. In your case, with vector graphics, you design at 1x, since scaling them up isn't a problem. 

Otherwise, quality looks good, so I assume you were talking about these smaller resolutions. Let me know if I misundrestood something 🙂 

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind info contains your PDF. Text or images only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks alot now is working perfectly , and yeah its kinda confusing but im happy now ! THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like you already got the right answer, but here's a deeper explanation of exporting in XD: https://medium.com/thinking-design/protip-exporting-assets-in-adobe-xd-c586996de703

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines