• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD file not able to save

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest update I can not save my XD files anymore. They are stored on Google Drive. I can open and edit them like usual. But then I get the error message "the document "xy" could not be saved". I can save it on my desktop or into the Adobe Cloud, but then I loose the preview links that I already published and gave to everyone involved in the project.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-14 um 15.43.22.png

I tried going back to the former XD version, but then I can't open the files I worked on recently because "it was saved by a newer version of XD" and it tells me to update again.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-18 um 14.56.36.png

This is hindering my work a greatly, so I would really appreciate some quick help.

TOPICS
Data loss , Open and save docs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

I ended up erasing the Google Drive File Stream cache data, so far I am not having this problem anymore. So figers crossed, that it stays that way, and if anybody else is facing the same trouble, that might be a way to fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happens only with the project files that has been stored at Google Drive? Can you open new scratch project save and share it with others?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it seems to only happen on projects stored on Google Drive. I can save them on either the desktop or Adobe Cloud, but then need to generate new links. Once these are saved on e.g. Adobe Cloud I had no problem anymore with resaving the file and updating the links, so far. 

I can change the files stored on Google Drive and update the links, but then can't save the files. I can however save them with a new name on Google Drive (just then I do loose the preview links again, and can't update the current links from the new file).

This morning I was even able to change and save a file stored on Google Drive that I could not save yesterday, and it worked...so I am really unsure where the Problem lies, but the uncertainty, of wether I weill be able to save the file or not, is a bit nervewreking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the problems is in workaround with Adobe Creative Cloud and Google. In past some users also report about this bug. May be it depend on changes that are in updates of this servers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up erasing the Google Drive File Stream cache data, so far I am not having this problem anymore. So figers crossed, that it stays that way, and if anybody else is facing the same trouble, that might be a way to fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Katja,

Glad to hear it's working now and thank you for sharing the solution, I am sure it will help other community members. In case if it happens again in the future, please try turning off the sync for the folder temporarily and check if that resolves the issue.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines