• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD freezing crashing on shared coedited canvas (Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 AMD Ryzen 7 4700U Radeon)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

ISSUE

Week 49 we had a shared project. 6 people in the same country on a shared canvas.

I had extreme crashes, freezing. Especially when editing text. Particularly 2nd, 3rd December.

Adobe may have gotten dozens of crash reports from me.

Wednesday Thursday (2nd, 3rd) I was basically restarting freezing restarting all day.

Had Microsoft Teams open other than XD everything else closed. 

Even moved Teams to mobile and had only XD open.

PC was even overheating!

Totally failed my group.

I came in with lame excuses on 'technical issues' which everyone was very nice about. 

(But secretly, people probably just think... yes, excuses, excuses, whatever.)

SYSTEM

XD works fine on my cloud. I have three internet connections (shared and private).

It's a new  PC bought in September used only for this course.  (LenovoThinkPad E14 Gen 2 AMD Ryzen 7 4700U with Radeon Graphics). Have submitted similar ticket to Lenovo.

I have Malware bytes, Hitman Pro. I regularly update Windows. On that day I restarted,  checked updates, scanned with antimalware. 

3rd Dec, Thursday evening there was an XD update, everything seemed ok after that.

However I am dreading the upcoming shared project and another fiasco debacle.

What could be the issue, and what can I do to avoid this in the future?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Hi Webdev887, thank you for sharing your feedback. With the recent updated XD 35.2, the team has fixed a couple of issues related to co-editing (https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/fixed-issues.html). I hope this would help your workflow. 

In case you're still facing trouble please let us know, we'll be happy to assist you further. 

Post away,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Webdev887, thank you for sharing your feedback. With the recent updated XD 35.2, the team has fixed a couple of issues related to co-editing (https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/fixed-issues.html). I hope this would help your workflow. 

In case you're still facing trouble please let us know, we'll be happy to assist you further. 

Post away,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines