Copied

Since the last update to 06.34.3, XD on window 10 (1703) family, 64 bits
70% of the time it freeze, when dragging, zooming editing

😞 Useless

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't sound good!  It would be great to get any more information if we can to help diagnose this problem.  A few questions for starters:

1. Could you give any more information as to what the "freeze" means? Does it just pause, and recover, or does it freeze and lock up, requiring a reboot?

2. Does this happen with all files, or just specific files?

3. Can you give any more details on the hardware setup?

Thanks,

-Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrice,

When you mention dragging, are you referring to dragging items on canvas? Dragging outside files into XD?

Do you have HW updated with latest drivers for the GPU?

Thanks,

M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am not sure if this was every answered but I have been experiencing the same problem for weeks now.

I've been working in adobe xd for awhile now and one I first download the software it worked fine. Now every time I make a change in my project the application freezes and I can not do anything. The application stops allowing me to do basic functions such as moving items, zoom in or zoom out, and the use of the shortcut keys. I usually just save and close the application to get it back working again but after awhile it stops working and I just close the application. This is frustrating and making the time to complete a project or even just a simple art-board take longer then usual. I am not sure if anyone else is experiencing this problem, but any feedback on how to resolve the issue would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide us with the information mentioned in the post above yours? To send a private message, click the profile and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also encounter this problem, posted it on another thread with all the info and never got an answer.

I have only two images I reuse, six artboards, and XD is using 38gig of memory... Every change (moving, dragging elements) or moves (zooming/unzooming, changing artboard) sends the CPU and memory into a wild ride, with the Activity Monitor saying it's not responding, but after about 5 minutes, it does save. It's a cloud file, and the freeze happens when a file gets more than 3 artboards. 

My system 

Adobe CC: 5.6.2.1

Adobe XD: 49.0.12.14 x64

System:
MacBook Pro 2019, macOS Monterey 12.2.1 

2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for detailing your trouble in the forum.  We'd be happy to help walk you through capturing some diagnostics if you are able/willing to help out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@patlap1: we haven't heard back from you yet.  Are you still having this problem?  If so, please follow these steps to capture diagnostics so we can investigate further:

1. Open XD and wait until it is frozen
  2. Open Task Manager
  3. Right-click the XD app and choose Create Dump File
  4. Upload the resulting file somewhere and send us a link (if you don't want to share the file publicly, you can send a private message to any one of the Adobe staff who've replied on this thread and we'll make sure it gets looked at)

Hope we can help you out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I tried following the steps when it freezes but the Create dump file button isn't active in that while. And it hangs every 30 seconds couldn't move an inch through my project. Please help. I couldn't even attach a screenshot for the same. There's an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD is more of pain than anything. We are paying everymonth for services that half the time doesn't work. We will shift to Figma soon. Looks like Adobe has no clue on solving this problem. Every time they provide trial and error methods and none work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybee your sys ram is full

so i designed ui of this site 

لیزر تیتانیوم

with Adobe Xd with sys ram 4 and wasnt any problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replied with all the info you asked for on 3 other posts, but here it is AGAIN...

To give an idea, I have only two images I reuse, six artboards, and XD is using 38gig of memory... Every change sends the CPU and memory into a wild ride, with the Activity Monitor saying it's not responding, but after about 5 minutes, it does save. My file only has 6 artboards...

Adobe CC: 5.6.2.1

Adobe XD: 49.0.12.14 x64

System:
MacBook Pro 2019, macOS Monterey 12.2.1 

2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that wasn't for you... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines