• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD keeps crashing regularly (Windows 10)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 10 on a GTX 1080 Ti. I've had this issue since a very long time. The latest graphic drivers are installed (released 17/08/2020). XD is updated too.

Crashes seem to happen randomly, ie when resizing a layer and even when just moving a layer. I cannot use XD at all because of this problem. If actively wanting to work on a project XD lasts no longer than 5 minutes before it crashes.

I keep pressing the Send Report button after the crash since weeks but never heard back from anyone and the crashes  weren't fixed in the recent XD updates.

What can I try to fix this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Hi Kevin,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We'll need to identify the root cause of the crash, so could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD.
  2. Is it crashing while working on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Please ensure that you have the latest graphic card drivers as per the manufacturer's website.
  4. If it is already up to date, please collect system logs by following the steps shared:  here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html
  5. W

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 104 Replies 104
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

1. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files?
  2. If you are on the latest version of XD which is 36.2, then, please collect the system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html
  3. Please enable the crash dump, by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/how-to-generate-crash-dump-on-windows-machine.html once XD crashes, please collect and share the logs from this location: %LocalAppData%/crashdumps

Note: Please add the logs to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and share the link through DM by clicking on my name. Please add this discussion link in the subject.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you got a computer? perhaps you could install XD and see for yourself?
I'm pretty sure you can work for a while with it and see how many times it crashes per hour 😉
No need to ask for reasons to delay how bad this program performs... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New user (but 20 year Adobe veteran) here - have just read this thread after having the same problems, 10 crashes at least in the first 6 hours of using the software. Do we really need to provide all sytyem logs when it's clear the problem is with XD on Windows amd should be able to be replicated on your systems? It seems like you're putting the responsibility back on the users in an attempt to draw out the process of addressing the root issue which is certainly able to be diagnosed on your end with all the crash reports, and I'm guessing this is buggy for your devs - not just the community.

I second the above sentiment - definitely heading to Figma and reconsidering my relationship with the whole Adobe ecosystem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, bumping this up since for the last few days it went from 5 - 6 crashes per day (managable ammount) to crashing at 30+ times, which drives me crazy.... The issue happens when the app is trying to autosave docs on the cloud (almost certain this is the issue), and in the meantime I continue working on the design. First it freezes for 5-10 secs, then auto closes (including all opened instances of opened docs, not only the one i was working on), then upon reopening i am getting the send crash report feature. At least the autosave is always really auto saving, so at least i am not loosing progress of my work. The issue doesnt occur when working on local files which is not ideal but at least allows me to get some work done...

PS: i am running XD on Windows 10

Do we have any idea how long until we get an update that works properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point I'm pretty used to 8-12 crashes per day, but hey, at elast we are not paying for it or something...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I am

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those crashes are becoming unbearable. Im starting to get into workflow and it crashes again and again. 
Im seriously considering canceling my sub and going somewhere else which is a shame...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I updated XD to the newest version (36.2.32.5) and it's not crashing anymore so I suppose the issue is solved... ?
I hope so anyway 🙂 thanks Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, still crashing for me. Every few hours, randomly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that you're still hitting this issue. We want to make sure that these issues are taken care of. A large number of crashes you're describing could be due to a generic GPU driver in Windows; when the GPU and the OS disagree on certain types of graphical commands, Windows will panic and kill the application. A great way to start troubleshooting is to upgrade your drivers from your graphics card manufacturer's site, as I'm sure our support team has suggested.

If this still doesn't help, I'd suggest enabling full dumps on your Windows machine, getting XD to crash again, and then contacting Customer Support (or reaching out here) to get a ticket filed with our team. You'll also need to run the Creative Cloud Log Collector Tool and report the local time that the crash occurred (plus your time zone) to make an investigation possible.

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME issue! I send a report each time. you shoudl have aroudn 20-30 logs a day form me. FIX it please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We'll need to identify the root cause of the crash, so could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD.
  2. Is it crashing while working on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Please ensure that you have the latest graphic card drivers as per the manufacturer's website.
  4. If it is already up to date, please collect system logs by following the steps shared:  here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html
  5. We'll also need the crash dump, so please enable the crash dump by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/how-to-generate-crash-dump-on-windows-machine.html and wait for the application to crash. Once the application crashes, please collect the crash dump file from this location: Start > Run > %localAppdata%\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\AC\Dumps

Note: Please add the system logs and crash dump to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and share the link through DM, by clicking on my name.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any conclusions? I completed all the steps recommended and sent the files.

It is still an ongoing problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and, yes, it was driving me crazy but I updated XD to the latest version and now everything works fine, no crashes etc. So, I recommend you do the same maybe it will help... Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue on Mac Big Sur 11.2.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Crashing for no appearent reason. I may have to suggest Figma at next team review. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also crashing for me multiple times a day... I turned off Cloud saving to see if this works. I am not trusting this feature anymore, since I loose my progress every time and I also had cases where I had to reload an older version of a Cloud saved file, because it only showed a white screen. I am expecting that the file breaks completely at some time. Was sending several crash reports to Adobe in the last weeks.

Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2, Adobe XD Version 38.0.1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any resolution coming for this anytime soon? i have too much, too deep into XD to just start over or import into another design tool...i just back up frequently and hit save A LOT.  there is no pattern to it, it just crashes for no reason. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I very surprised to see that this complaint is 8 months old and people are still having the same problem.

I started a gigantic project on it, but I can't work more than an hour without crashing. And it doesn't even get laggy or gives any warning like the software isn't respondind or something. It just shuts down out of nowhere.
I give up. Swapping to Figma. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me also so I updated XD to the latest version and to be absolutely sure I also updated my Windows 10 as well and now everything works perfectly. In my opinion, XD is superior to Figma in every way but yeah, you can use whatever tool that suits your needs : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm frustrated, used to love xd. It is very shameful for adobe to ot fix the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have fix for you, go to settings if you on Windows 10, application Adobe xd and restart program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to solve the problem, just uninstall Adobe XD and install Figma, my mental health came back, and I did it at the company too, now everyone uses figma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😄 i have played around with Figma in the past and we used with a designer overseas who could not collaborate with us at the time using anything else (i think we were on on Sketch at the time) if my company supplied Macs I'd be on Sketch now instead of XD...this is ridiculous. i love Adobe products, always have.  this crashing tho...ugh, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happeniong for months AS YOU WELL KNOW! Why are there are so many similar forums on here all marked as "solved" when none of them supply a fix?! What is the hack bs? Does Adobe really think that all windows users will jsut go away? I have to use XD becasue we use it at work on Macs, which runs PERFECTLY at home, on my more powerful windows PC it is the worst, most buggy pice of crap thjat Adobe has ever had the gaul to release! I have reprted clsoe to hundred crashes on Xd and supp;lied my email address with no REPLY AT ALL! This is absolutely DISGUSTING software and custoemr service - I have supplied my crash logs several times with no reply - I will be traking this to a lawyer soon at this rate - FIX YOUR SHIIT ADOBE, this is innesusable, we are paying customerS!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines