• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD lagging, hanging and crashing repeatedly in last 2 days. Now totally unusable! Help!

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest two updates (yesterday and again today) have rendered XD totally unusable for me! I am working on some pretty critical stuff right now and my team are freaking out! Yesterday, with an update to v.34.2.12.2, a small file took about 20 mins to load. In that time, my CPU and memory are maxing out. Larger files took longer. Some just hung, othertimes it crashed. Any file I open now has issues. Today, there was another update (can't see the version, as XD is unusable!) Now I can't open a damn file at all!! I've rebooted multiple times, no improvement. My colleague is also experiencing issues (both on Win10). Someone please help!! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experiencing the same behaviour in xd since the newest update. Even after reinstalling XD I have massive freezes and crashes till it is nearly unusable. Any idea how to fix that? The type tool seems to stop working after few minutes. As I read many posts here I wonder if the new update went under some kind of quality management or testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what my CPU and memory look like waiting to try and prepare a file to use (it opens, then does this for 20 minutes). Nothing is clickable at all, tota. It us unusable while I'm waiting. Oh, and it just crashed and closed itself down. So much for my demo this morning 😞 

Katecan_0-1604672549694.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder why Adobe does not react. This is a huge problem for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Katecan,

Even I am experiencing the same issue after the newer updates. Tried with uninstalling and reinstalling, account switching and rebooting but none of them helped me to fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the delay in response. There is already a bug logged for the issue and is working on it. We would request you to please submit your logs using the log collector tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and share the OS and XD version of your machine. 

Please update XD to the current version 34.3 and see if you're still experiencing the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, in January I was complaining here https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/other-adobe-xd-needs-a-lot-of-optimization/m-p/10830834 

In June I've just gave up and bought myself a new laptop with 32 GB RAM (13" Surface Book 3 with i7, Nvidia 1650) because Adobe XD struggled on my old one with 16 GB (13" Surface Book 2 with i7, Nvidia 1050). After the latest update (ver 34) it's getting ridiculous: I've created a Library from our design system's cloud document - now I'm getting this every time I try to open almost all of my old files that used components from our old design system's cloud file.

Screenshot 2020-10-22 120440.png

It runs for about 20-30 minutes using all available RAM, additionally writing 50+GB to Windows pagefile.sys and then crashes.

I can't revert to the previous version because I've already saved our design system's cloud file with the updated version to create a Library from it - it will not open in previous versions. In the latest version I can open cloud document but can't open my designs. For the last 2 days I can't do my job and am constantly trying to make it all work without any luck so far.

I know for Mac Pro users with 1.5 TB RAM and 28-core Xenon it won't be a problem, but not everyone is going to pay that much to use Adobe XD, especially when your competitor's app runs in a browser.

I desperately need some help or instruction how to properly migrate my old files to new libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No way this is possible. It clearly stated that if I unpublish library, than all used components will remain linked. THEY DON'T

Screenshot 2020-10-23 012214.png

So there really is no way back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We are sorry to hear you are facing high ram issues while using XD. We would like to know a few more details like-

Would you mind telling is it happens with all the files or with a specific file?

Does that start to happen after XD 34 release?

What is the size of the library that you've created?

Please generate the logs using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and upload it to a shared location and share that with me over a private message. 

In additon to that, it's mentioned- If you decided that you no longer need the library, you could unpublish the library from the library manager. At this point, linked assets that were previously used from this library in your documents will become broken links (show broken link icon) indicated by the red badge. You could choose to either delete those broken assets or convert them to local assets. Please see this article for more info: (https://helpx.adobe.com/nz/xd/help/work-with-creative-cloud-libraries-xd.ug.html#:~:text=Publish%20a....)

We will try our best to investigate on the issue.

Note: Please add the url of the post over a PM for reference.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This only affects files where I've linked my cloud document and now made a library from it. It has 200+ components of icons only plus some more, not sure how to see the exact number. It's only 16 MB. I have buttons, input fields, etc. separately.

So as I understand, there is no way back. I tried to create a library from that file again, but it still shows "Library is missing". I think before this update there was an option to relink missing components to another file - is it still present somewhere?

Now I'm stuck with several files with all linked assets broken and making them local in every file is defying the purpose of linked assets and a design system - this is not an option for me. I have couple of dozens of files only for one project, because I could not continue in a single file any more (It had 560 artboards and no linked components but still managed to use all my available RAM and crashed half the times I opened it - I actually complained about it in January and even sent you that file).

It's 4 am here, tomorrow I'll create a new library again, try to open some old files, collect the logs and send them to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've ran CC Log Collector tool and sent logs to you via DM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the logs. I have replied to your DM and requested some more information. Could you please share the information with me?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue since I updated it to 34

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently recreating our design system almost from scratch with these new libraries, because couple of cloud documents with our assets were broken after trying to open old files in XD v34 - I need to do my job and don't have time to wait for fixes. My old designs from now on will be read only, because they have assets from old cloud files that I couldn't convert to new libraries due to Adobe XD crashing constantly. I've lost a week of my time and will have to lose another one. I only hope that next update will not change everything again without backwards compatibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please I need help becuase I'm facing the same issue and my iMac stopped making updates and I need to work with xd cloud documents created with the another device had the new updates already installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I know you may have a different issue - I've heard Adobe XD v34 needs the latest Mac OS and there is no way around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Experiencing the same thing. This is a huge bug. 

Occuring on both my Macbook Pro (2017) and iMac (2015); iOS Catalina 10.15.7 using XD 35.0.12 as well as the version before this. 

I have been trouble shooting since last night; stayed up until 4AM trying to finish a time sensitive project but the app kept crashing every 5 minutes. Completely unusable software, why do we pay so much to get this. 

I have uninstalled XD over and over again. Used the Adobe Cleaner Tool as well; fully wiping out any Adobe settings, then reinstalling CC. 

Things to maybe note; using an external monitor, files were saved on Adobe Cloud as well as local file. 

Please fix this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

macOS*** Rather than iOS, apologies it's been a long week. 

Update: 3 hours of troubleshooting; continuing to clean and reinstall. Even updated my iMac to macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 to see if XD would be more compatiable. No dice. 

Love having software that is useless, should've stuck with Figma. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines