Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD latest update not compatible with Mac OSX 10.13 Sierra

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently started using XD and creative cloud. I have 2 Macs and while working on one on Catalina when I saved my design I could not open it on the older mac on High sierra. 

The issue is that my desktop cannot be further upgraded from Sierra and now I cannot use XD from home. Is there any solution to this. 

Error:

This was saved with a newer version of Adobe XD. Please update Adobe XD to open it.

Error 2: 

Automatic update failed

To get the latest version of XD, check for the latest updates using the Creative Cloud Desktop application. Learn more

Please help!

TOPICS
How to , Missing feature , Open and save docs , Plug-ins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are unable to use XD on your macOS. I would suggest checking the system requirements to use XD as mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/user-guide.html/in/xd/system-requirements.ug.html

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are unable to use XD on your macOS. I would suggest checking the system requirements to use XD as mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/user-guide.html/in/xd/system-requirements.ug.html

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK great, .... welcome and enjoy FIGMA

Thanks you very much Adobe, we love you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lamentable el comportamiento de Adobe y Apple, obligandote a tirar tu computadora perfectamente útil.
Yo también le di la bienvenida a Figma a mi vida! Gracias Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! You won't release update for old macsOS anymore? My iMac doesn't support any operational system above High Sierra (mid 2011), therefore I can't update Adobe XD. What can I do? Change to Figma?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ho Adobe team,

Please give us a solution for the above issues. is there a way to install xd in high sierra 10.13.2 version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no solution from Adobe nor from Apple as of 1st March 2021. I have the same isue and so even if you happen tohave an old version of XD still running you wont be able to use the latest Material Design Kits from Google and iOS.

So the only solution I found is to use Figma instead of XD. Figma is free for individuals (freelancers, students, etc) and web based, meaning your computer hardware / sotfware version is not penalised. You will need a good internet conexion.

Personally, I find companyies like Adobe, and particluarly Apple, to be practising a very unsustainable business policiy, by trying to force their customers to ditch perfectly useful & in working condition computers for newer models just so we can run their software. That is not a good brand move in the long-term. I hope they realise how bad is making them look and the rhuge amount of waste they will create globally in a few years time with their current wasteful policies.

Shame on their Corporate Chief Executive Officers for backing this up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Guys I have the same problem. Im using my 27in imac with osx 10.13 sierra . (which has been great until my mac book was set on automatic updates for xd), So now I cannot open work from my laptop on my desktop.

Im studying ux design at present to solve problems which companies fail to do. It bothers me when your told to check the requirements" as if we didnt think of this all ready. A few hints might be helpful Patchers , sharing screens etc. I just cant afford forking out over 2000€ on a new maschine just to run the latest version of xd.  To date has there been ideas or help out there ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, my 17" MBP on high sierra is fast and run EVERYTHING except Adobe XD, i wouldnt say XD has any requirements in it that are especially taxing on the hardware so why block access to old versions when people are paying £70 a month for the suite of apps. Why not allow XD to run on high sierra and place a performance warning on loading. The only workaround is to install XD within a  windows 10 VM using parallels/vmware , a huge drain on resources for something that adobe could fix in an instant. If illustrator runs on high sierra so should XD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> If illustrator runs on high sierra so should XD.

No, you cannot run (the latest) Illustrator on High Sierra:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/illustrator/system-requirements.html

Usually Adobe CC supports three OS versions so you need to install Mojave (or later) on your MBP in order to run the latest CC titles including XD and AI.

I know sometimes you cannot just update the OS (eg. you're in a corporate environment), which is very frustrating...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes totally aware of this as are others in this thread, however, there is nothing stopping Adobe allowing the user to download the last working version of XD for High Sierra, instead they have just removed it causing many users to throw away a perfectly good working mac ?   High Sierra is the last officially supported OS of many 2011, 2012, 2013 machines, since intel has not really made much ground in performance since then and now these machine work perfectly fine for 99% of tasks. XD is the only app I have come across where a previous supported version cannot be downloaded. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to add : Illustrator previous version can be downloaded and runs on high sierra, XD cannot.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> High Sierra is the last officially supported OS of many 2011, 2012, 2013 machines

You should be able to install Mojave on the following:

• MacBook (Early 2015 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Mid 2012 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Mid 2012 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Late 2012 or newer)
  • iMac (Late 2012 or newer)
  • iMac Pro (2017)
  • Mac Pro (Late 2013; Mid 2010 and Mid 2012 models with recommended Metal-capable graphics cards)

Is your MBP 2011 or older?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macbook Pro 17" ,  Early 2011, i7, 16GB Ram.  Why has adobe removed the previous version of XD when this was available 6 months ago?  I reinstalled high sierra and purchased a subscription to creative cloud to find it not available , from what I have read it seems that if you had a subscription to creative cloud in the past and remove the auto update option it is still possible to download XD for high sierra .... but not for new customers.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your MBP should be perfectly capable of running the latest XD, I agree.

(The oldest Illustrator I can legitimately install is currently 24.3, which cannot be installed on High Sierra, by the way. I'd think none of the old versions of CC currently available through Adobe would run on High Sierra.)

So either you install Mojave on your unsupported MBP, or install an old XD.

installing Mojave on unsupported Macs:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/How+to+install+macOS+Mojave+on+Unsupported+Macs/115162

(I've never done this myself and I can't take any responsibility. Back up everything first!)

XD never had standalone installer so I don't know how to get an old version. I think you need XD 22 (?) and the oldest version I can get via Adobe is currently 34.4.12.  One way is to restore from your Time Machine I guess...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to use any version of xd by mac os 10.13  ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roksana,

I am so sorry for the delay in response. I understand that this could be a piece of sad news as the latest version of XD is compatible with macOS X v10.14 or later so I am afraid, there is no other way apart from updating the OS to at least 10.14.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I'm using a Mid 2010 iMac and High Sierra is the newest OS version I can use with it. The machine runs perfectly and I have no wish or money to buy a new one just because Adobe doesn't want to sell their subscriptions to users of old Macs.

I recently started doing UX/UI Design and wanted to install XD but I can't, so I'll go for Figma instead.

I'm dissapointed by Adobe that they don't want to offer older versions for those who can't install new ones, and also that I can't update Photoshop and Lightroom for which I'm paying a subscription since many years.

To reply just by saying "check the system requirements" while it's clear from the original post that the poster is aware of the system requirements issue is very ignorant IMHO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here. I have a perfecly working iMac Mid 2011 i5 and it seems I cannot install or use Adobe XD or Premiere or After Effects. This is beyond frustrating, considering this Apple machines and Adobe subscription are not cheap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1- Access a computer with Adobe XD new version installed with anydesk or similar remote access application.
2- Open the file.
3- Select everything and right click.
4- Click "Copy SVG Code".
5- Open an XD file on your computer.
6- Paste by doing CMD + V or CTRL + V.
That is all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yagizsonkaya

Thanks for your reply

I managed to get it on the imac !!! cool , But it seems to disapear 

I exported the file as svg, from the new version and saved to my  cloud drive.

And imported the file on the old version from the cloud drive

The problem is all the artboards shows up . But I have to paste it on one large artboard.

The individual art boards are not showing ??

How do I get around this ??

Thanks for your Time !

Lenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines