• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD linked components

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took an icon, copy pasted it to create a linked copy Then I changed color on original. It did not update on copy. Also nothing happening in assets panel to indicate a change was made.  How can I get my linked assets to update? Is that feature in latest XD? I am learning XD through Linked in learning and they might have older version...When I make it a component though it does update...so confusing for beginners!

TOPICS
How to , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

To create linked elements across documents, you have to use components. If you converted that icon to a component and copy/paste to a new document, it will create a linked component. At this point, any changes you make to the component in your source document will trigger an update to linked component instances of that component. You could learn more about how to use linked components by checking: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines