• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD Performance is effected by slow internet issues (XD version-21.1.12.3).

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working with XD since around Feb2019. I have previous experience with Fireworks CS4 and Master Suite CS4.

Lately, since COMPONENTS replaced SYMBOLS I have been experiencing hangs in XD. This usually attributed SHARING afaiaa as Win10 shows a "sharing" pop-up usually around 2000CET.

XD and CC is clearly constantly calling home as I see CoreSync.exe in constant use of my Network bandwidth.

My machine is an i7 8700K (not OC'd) with 64 GB DDR4; GeForce GTX 1050Ti running Windows 10 1803, PLENTY of grunt for serious computing. The problem is, I live out in the countryside with verrrrry slow internet typically 1.2 Mbps down and 0.5 Mbps up. I have to turn m WiFi adaptor off to use XD because of the troublesome background processes. Nonetheless, whether connected to inet or not, XD has begun crashing.

I need to be able to turn off Adobe's SHARING and any outboard data harvesting. Following CC and XD instructions to disable SHARING, it either doesn't work or the functionality hasn't been included by Adobe. I have blocked OUTBOUND traffic for Adobe XD in my Win Firewall, which may or may not help. But I haven't experimented with blocking CoreSync.exe.

It would be much appreciated if Adobe could either cater to users with slow internet and allow us to work offline; or at the very least amend the XD system requirements info to divulge the actual internet bandwidth Adobe intends to hog. Currently, the XD System requirements say "an internet connection is required" and not how fast that "Internet connection" should be.

Further, as far as sharing goes (and or harvesting my usage data), professional working under NDA doesn't feel very secure.

The Title was edited by Moderator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm....looks like I may have found the culprit

I was unable rename an artboard using XD today after first launching the program. I was offline; Adobe XD outbound blocked in win FW.

Then I perused all the SHARE "menu" items.

Under "Manage Links..." my internet browser (Chrome w/ Duckduckgo) did auto launch and I found 4 connections trying to connect. These would have been remnants from either the originator of this XD job or my previous perusals. I do not want to SHARE this job, so have no use for SHARE. I had previously been working offline and thus those SHARE connections may have been polling to a connection that isn't available.

I have no idea if this is why XD has become so unresponsive lately, but seems to be working a little better now....lets see what happens when I disable my WiFi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmmm...nope

It's just buggy...I do have quite a few artboards and many (named) layers per artboard

-up/ down arrows don't work as expected in the Artboards or Layers panels (changing to a wired keyboard has helped with this)

(when moving groups up or down> the up/down buttons will scroll thru the layers and not NUDGE the GROUP/ COMPONENT)

renaming layers or artboards sometimes functions as normal....sometimes not (edit input field opens, but text isn't editable and have to crash out)

looks like a memory leak to me (I have 64GB, so shouldn't be a problem here) ...OR the software is calling home and I am working offline, so software hangs ( I think this is the issue)

I guess this is the price paid for free software; continual beta testing with a live (working) user group 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to hear that you're having trouble using Adobe XD and thank you for trying the troubleshooting steps at your end.  I'd suggest trying to temporarily disable any firewalls or anti-virus and let me know if that works. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines