• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD's FATAL ERROR : NO HTML EXPORT; GAME OVER.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant help but reiterate other users and express my dis(may/gust) that XD files cant be exported to html without a third party. 

I was elated to spend one day learning the program, seemingly doing what took me numerous months in dreamweaver bc i'm not a pro, and then..... to discover that it's all worthless bc you cant export it without a third party (and, no, i'm not going to go experiment with paying third party plugins or a developer... i want a real, in-house solution).

I wont be continuing with XD after the trial period is up (unless this changes).

This should be a n°1 priority for Adobe. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Hi MRA,

Thank you for reaching out. In addition to what Ken and Dstoic has said, we also had a similar discussion that happened here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/how-to-export-html-css-javascript-from-adobe-xd/td-p/9336611?page=1 in past.

Please take a look and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not every project is a web page. Some projects are used in native app that don't use ANY web technologies. I am using XD to design an interface for an embedded system, written in  C++. I also can tell you that generated code is usually not something that most developers would want to use. While it can be helpful for quick mockups, no program is going to be able to take a design and generate the code that your team would want. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Chris, that HTML export isn't that important - if you want to build a proper website, coding it from scratch or at least manually will always yield the best results. HTML export from all these tools is always scuffed, because it's easy to do things in there that would be impossible and impractical in code.

The problem with Xd is the Product Design team is deaf and disconnected from what the users want and need.

Also the half-baked, glitchy components and states. You can't prototype real-world interactions, which is this software's purpose. But HTML export isn't its issue, as you can simply use plugins that kinda do that. There's no plugin to make components and states work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i understand that some people may not need to export html, so a proper html export wouldnt be necessary for them.  But it is necessary for a lot of people like me --- people that want to make custom websites but that arent in the web-design business and so dont have time to learn code.   XD's intuitive interface is great as such.   But if it cant be put to practical use, a lot of us users (not all, i understand, Chris) are back to square one. 

Us non-web design professionals need a graphic web design tool that isnt heavy on coding and non intuitive (ie dreamweaver) and isnt generically formatted (ie wordpress, portfolio, etc.).    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The closest thing to what you need - design tools that work in an HTML/CSS/JS environment would be Webflow and Bootstrap studio. They generate the code on the spot as you use classes, tags & scripts to style and animate everything, and they also have a good interface so you can set most things up with buttons, fields and sliders, without writing code.

This tool and others like Figma or Sketch simply aren't made for your use case. They are for experience design, interactions & prototyping, not for building actual websites and apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi MRA,

Thank you for reaching out. In addition to what Ken and Dstoic has said, we also had a similar discussion that happened here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/how-to-export-html-css-javascript-from-adobe-xd/td-p/9336611... in past.

Please take a look and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines