• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD's issue with MacOS Catalina (Can't record prototype preview)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came across a strange issue with Adobe Xd, after I upgraded to MacOS Catalina (developer beta). Xd won't let you record the prototype previews (video in the comment section) not sure whether this has to do with privacy settings etc. for those of you who plan to upgrade, not recommend to do at the moment...

Xd version: 19.2.22.3

MacOS: 10.15 Beta (19A471t)

Video: https://streamable.com/kk0jw

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Hi, most likely it will be a problem of incompatibility between the new OS and Adobe XD. After all, the Mac OS Catalina is still in beta. In this case, I suggest you go back to the previous version of your OS, so that you can work better

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

FIX: Unlock the panel, check on Adobe XD and restart the app. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 2.59.03 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, most likely it will be a problem of incompatibility between the new OS and Adobe XD. After all, the Mac OS Catalina is still in beta. In this case, I suggest you go back to the previous version of your OS, so that you can work better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, When is this problem going to be solved for us that has installed Catalina?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue with the full release of Catalina. I never got the pop up notification to allow Adobe XD to record the screen.

Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab > Screen Recording (in left list)

And make sure Adobe XD is ticked in the list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the solution that worked for you. This will definitely help our users to fix the issue. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to Adobe XD. We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have issue with installing XD with Catalina, is it becasue of the incompatible thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I havent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I had trouble finding screen recording even though I typed 'screen record' in the search bar, the System Preferences didn't highlight any of the sections (Apple being weird).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know how to add XD to that list on the right side of the window?  I followed the steps but there is nothing to tick on mine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In System and Settings, choose Security & Privacy, choose Privacy tab, and choose Screen Recording in the left menu. XD should show as one of the checkbox options at the right of the window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I opened the screen recording settings but it is not showing in xd in the list but chrome and zooom only.

Is it a problem with my OS catalina or what. 

Please help.

Screenshot 2021-05-06 at 4.19.06 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for posting. Had the same issue this morning and several other suggestions did not help with a fix, but this post helped me fix the problem easily and get right back to work. Good looking out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the solutions... I've spent 1h of my life trying to find that stupid setting... Apple for sure doing everything to make our lives easier and enjoyable by adding more settings of security&privacy! Great job Apple, burn in hell... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIX: Unlock the panel, check on Adobe XD and restart the app. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 2.59.03 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's also now a help document for this:

Unable to record prototype interactions on macOS Catalina (10.15) and later
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/enable-recording-catalina.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, A_Sturm this worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  I followed your instruction, however, I couldn't find Adobe XD in my screen recording (see my screenshot below).

Do you have any suggestions to this?

Thanks in advance. 

Screenshot 2020-03-02 at 12.17.53.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I had the same problem

There will be a tiny window in the background where you have to approve to use Adobe XD screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find the xd at the left list, what can i do??Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 2.11.55 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines