XD showing different padding for the same file in MAC and windows

New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sharing this with the community so adobe can resolve this coz of this we are facing a collaboration issue. I am sharing the screen shot for the same. 

Issue: Adobe xd is showing two different paddings to two different user, Mac user is having different padding and windows and because of this issue its very difficult to collaborate between designers.

Screenshot 1 is from windowns system

Screenshot 2 is from MAC system

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 12.05.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 12.09.28 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chinmay,
what font are you using for this project? Does this problem also occur with other fonts? Also, have you encountered the same problem on other files as well?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Giavitulano,

After updating the latest verison on adobe XD we har facing this issue I had word with Adobe agent today but not get any solution for this issue, actually what is happening if MAC user created the file and shared with windows user so windows user are seeing a different padding as well some of the design elements also misaligned, If windows user trying to fix that it will be chenged for MAC user and if MAC user try to make it fix same will happen for windows user and because of this it very difficult for us to collabrate with each other using XD online. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the info. I am assuming you're experiencing the similar issue mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/roboto-font-from-google-has-different-heights-on-mac-vs-pc/m...

Could you please go through the post and confirm if it's the same? If yes, please check the correct answer for the update.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

No I am not facing any issue with font height, it's about it I have given padding of 20px between two paragraphs in mac but when the same file windows user see the will se the different padding and apart from that few design elemets also mis-aligned in windows view and this happen only when we have created a file from MAC system if the file is created by windows system MAC user will see the same padding and there were no mis aligned in design elements.

Screenshot 1: windows

Screenshot 2: MAC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the information. I am checking with the team if this is a known issue. I will share the updates with you shortly. Otherwise, I'll raise a bug for it.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines