Exit

XD Sync Error

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

xd sync error.png

After opening cloud-based file this dialog goes on for 2-3 minutes and then tells me "co-editing files cannot be opened offline"

xd sync error 2.png

Obviously my WLAN is ON and working perfectly. I've encountered this issue before and I just used a backup-file. But now it is especially troublesome b/c this file is the base library for my UI-kit - which means I can't do global changes to other files linked to the kit!!! 

Maybe someone has a workaround for that?

I already contacted support without success on this issue, now I am turning to the community.

(their response: “We want to tell you, that file-based issues are not supported by Adobe”). Wow.

Tried and failed:

- unlink any user invited to file

- change WLAN
- create backup file and try to use that (obviously not feasible for a library)

- create a whole new account on Mac and try to acces file from there

Honestly, I have to add (and I read it in other comments as well) that Adobe XD is NOT suited for professional production at this point. It's notoriously unstable when working across several files and if you encounter an issue like mine,where your core UI-Kit file is corrupted, you are basically left alone.

Nobody needs 3D-Transforms - get real user-centricity right!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the steps shared below:

1. Please ensure that all the collaborators are on the latest version of XD which is 38.1.
  2. If you are already on the latest version, please try the steps shared below:
  • Sign out of XD and CC desktop app.
  • Close CoreSync and all Adobe-related processes from the Task Manager.
  • Reboot the computer.
  • Sign back in on the CC Desktop app and launch XD from there and check if you are able to open the file or not.

If it still doesn't work, please share a screenshot of the About XD info page.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rishabh, thanks for the answer.

Unfortunately I have tried it before, tried it again now and it's still not working. I already removed the collaborators as part of a bugfix, which was recommended in another posting here in the community. Also I want to add, that I have numerous files with the exact same collaborators, and there it works fine.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-01 um 16.37.50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming, could you please try opening that file from a different machine and check if you are able to open it or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime I could solve this issue:

Open it up on another machine, with another account and an older Version (V. 37)

Then opening it up again on my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

did you solved the problem? i have the same one since days with certain documents.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Yes, the method mentioned just above worked.

Open it up on another machine, with another account and an older Version (V. 37)

Then opening it up again on my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines