• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD takes up a lot of local storage,my English is not very good, please forgive me.

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xd.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

All of this is cache. It is stored at:

C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_\LocalCache\Adobe\ACPLocal\[some-number], and there's a folder with a bunch of 00000's, which contains all of the cache. It's just a bunch of thumbnails and screenshots from various files. It's a lot of them - for me it was around 60000. It was around 10 GB, so your numbers aren't that weird.

I deleted the folder with the 0000's, and nothing bad happened, so you can do that I guess. But please keep in min

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Mac XD occupies about 1/2 GB of disc space and your numbers look very high indeed. You may want to try uninstall & reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of this is cache. It is stored at:

C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_\LocalCache\Adobe\ACPLocal\[some-number], and there's a folder with a bunch of 00000's, which contains all of the cache. It's just a bunch of thumbnails and screenshots from various files. It's a lot of them - for me it was around 60000. It was around 10 GB, so your numbers aren't that weird.

I deleted the folder with the 0000's, and nothing bad happened, so you can do that I guess. But please keep in mind I don't take responsibility for anything that might happen 🙂 All the files are stored on the cloud anyways, so worst case you might have to reinstall Xd, but you won't lose any work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. That's very helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines