When I try to export anything from XD to AE (after Effects) it never shows up. I have tried a bunch of different ways: object, text, AE open, AE closed, AE project open, exporting whole artboard and just one object. It will open AE but other than that nothing happens. Im I not doing something Right?
I'm on window if that matters.
Sorry that you are unable to export to Adobe After Effects. Could you please share the version of Adobe After Effects which you are using? I would also like to know the OS version that you are working on right now.
I am on Windows 10
After Effects is on 16.0.0 (Build 235))
In the time that Atul gets back to you, can you have a look at this doc? Supported features when you export to After Effects
It looks like you have tried this process, but can you confirm? If the export operation fails, restart Adobe XD and After Effects apps and re-export the assets.
I Just tried it again nothing.
I even made a new file today just to try it again with only 4 plain text and 2 rectangles 1 circle.
Once I try exporting it once it locks that button (grays it out) and to unlock it i have to restart. photo below.
Hi Fungis07, export to After Effects is supported only with After Effects CC 2018 and 2019 versions. If you have an older version installed, Export to After Effects option is disabled in XD. To enable this option, log into your Creative Cloud application and update After Effects to the latest version.
Here more information on this: Bring assets from other applications into Adobe XD.
Please update this discussion in case you need further assistance.
I have the latest of all Applications. I posted the version i have???
Thanks for sharing the details about the version of Adobe After effect which you are using. Could you please upload the file to CC or Dropbox and share the link with us so that we may assist you appropriately?
So update to the problem. I have now tried it on my work computer With also a new file in XD. It will open After Effects but none of the assets will appear.
I have to be missing something here.
The export to After Effects is based on an After Effects plugin that is being installed along with Adobe XD. The behaviour you're encountering is as if the plugin would be missing.
Can you please check if you have a file named AEXD.aex under %PROGRAMFILES%\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\Public? If you're using a private release of XD the last part of the path would be \Private.
If the plugin is missing you could try reinstalling Adobe XD, though I'd be very interested on any particularities of the initial setup that led to this situation.
Ok sorry it took so long to check this.
I just have a file in
witch contains this
#Dummy file installed in the MediaCore folder.
i will uninstall and reinstall.
Wow That worked thank you so much!
I guess I should of just uninstalled it and reinstalled it on my own. With it was not working on 3 separate computers with different Install dates (one was the version right before this feature was added). I figured it was something else
I'm very glad the problem is now solved!
It would be very useful for us to understand the context in which your initial setup didn't install the plugin. Can you please answer the questions below:
1. Were you using a private (pre-release) or public version of Adobe XD?
2. Did you install Adobe XD through the Creative Cloud desktop application or other means?
3. Did you make a fresh install of the application or an upgrade? If it was an upgrade, do you remember what was the version from which you upgraded?
I use this program on 3 windows 10 computers. I signed up for the beta program as soon as i could for windows I was on the mailing list. but at some point I upgraded to CC from CS 6 Last year and reinstalled all my Adobe programs.
1. Home and Work were running XD since... the earliest file i made with it was from 2/21/17
my laptop was October I think.
2. Home and work were downloaded from adobe website in the beta program then from Creative Cloud desktop application when I upgraded from CS 5
Laptop was installed from Creative Cloud desktop application.
3. I think They were all fresh installs from Creative Cloud desktop application the day it was included then just updated when ever they came out.
I'm having this problem but i have the AEXD.aex file
Thanks for reaching out. I would like to update this most viewed conversation in order to provide the latest information on the workflow.
Here’s how it works:
1. In XD, select the layers or artboards you want to animate in After Effects.
2. Go to File> Export > After Effects. If After Effects is not installed on your machine, this option is greyed out. You can also use the ⌥⌘F (Mac), or Ctrl+Alt+F (Windows) keyboard shortcuts.
3. The selected layers or artboards are added as native shapes, texts, assets, and nested compositions in your AE project.
Here’s the list with what’s supported and not supported at this time: https://helpx.adobe.com/ro/xd/kb/open-after-effects-files-in-xd.html
Please let us know if you're still experiencing the issue.