• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD to Website

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen plenty of posts of people asking why they can't publish their XD prototype into a functioning website and people just responding "it's just a prototype tool", which is a fair answer but I think Adobe is missing the mark in a big way because you can't give someone a tool to make all these awesome designs and then have no way to make them even close to being real without an insanely talented developer. You couldn't replicate a lot of the fancy tools/animations using more website framework like Joomla and WP so there is a big disconnect for most people using this application. Especially, since Muse allowed people to make a real functioning website.

I think XD is a great prototyping tool and I see a need for that but the disconnect as far as products offered by Adobe in the web design arena is massive. It's a world they would absolutely crush but Xd just seems like an excuse to just be semi-relevant in that market.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

No, there isn't.

Developing a website or an app is completely different beast compared to creating a PDF or some video footage. No tool or framework or ready-to-host service can promise it will truly develop whatever you freely design. So we need experienced designers who know what they're talking about and what they're doing, who have good insights in what they can and cannot design, who have a good clue how easy or difficult certain features might be for a specific platform, and damn good deve

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for leaving your feedback on Adobe Illustrator. As you said, the software was created for the creation of prototypes of websites and applications. However, you can export your website project via a plugin called Web Export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree with you. So far is a bit disappointing, given the potential it has and the little outcome it can produce for real. And, please understand me correctly, the quality of the software, interface and usage is just fascinating, but I don't think that this software could be used by the general population. Maybe some big programming corporation that focus its resources, and even them will think twice if the design gap and the programming arena is not closed somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just out of curiosity, are there apps which you can create a prototype then just push a publish button and have it all done for you?

The ones I'm aware of, and it isn't many, are either prototyping tools or webpage creation tools.

So I was just wondering if there is one or more out there already which gives you the simplicity of concept prototype to working site in a single app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://supernova.io

You can check that one out.. but the features I don't think reach near what you see in XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there isn't.

Developing a website or an app is completely different beast compared to creating a PDF or some video footage. No tool or framework or ready-to-host service can promise it will truly develop whatever you freely design. So we need experienced designers who know what they're talking about and what they're doing, who have good insights in what they can and cannot design, who have a good clue how easy or difficult certain features might be for a specific platform, and damn good developers to pick up from where we toss it over the wall !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like there is something.. works just fine. However, it does produce output code in HTML5. May not be as full ranged as XD, but it does the work for those who doesn't have the economic power to hire an experienced developer. Have a look on it.

https://tumult.com/hype/pro/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tumult's Hype is a tool to create stunning animations for the web. It's not as big as Adobe Animate, but certainly much easier. You might say it continued where Adobe Edge Animate was left. You might be able to create a prototype with it, and even apply much nicer animations than XD is capable of. But it doesn't work as well as a  powerful design and workflow tool for web and apps like XD, Sketch, Invision – you name them, and it absolutely can't produce a whole website or app. And it's Mac-only.

But I love it !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I was thinking, which is why I was curious to know if anything out there actually did all in one app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines