• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Top menu bar with options ('File', 'Edit' and 'Object') are missing in XD on windows.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently became very interested in Adobe Xd and I just discovered this problem. Mine does not have the bar at the top of the page with the File, Edit, Object View, etc.... This is annoying and is very hard to work without. It is also hard to work with tutorials on projects. I noticed this in a youtube video on how to do something. Here is a screenshot from my computer:

XD 1.JPG

Here is a screen capture fro youtube:

XD 2.JPG

I don't know if this has to do with it being in Beta stage or windows vs. mac, but this is highly annoying.

Thanks,

H.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 154 Replies 154
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree this is terrible. It's just a no brainer function. It's so simple. They wasted more effort in doing a different menu than just doing similar to Apple's. I'm gonna have to try to switch to other programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should be able to Add menu bar as option for those who like using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A toolbar would be so much more helpful. I am trying to create an inner shadow through masks. I would create a mask through "object-mask with shape". Without a toolbar this is effectively impossible. Forums posts say all functionality can be found through context menus. Okay.. well that does not help me. I have no option to create a mask, and no way to access it as this is the ONLY adobe software without a toolbar.

Design is communication and benefits from consistency. Id rather that consistency be with adobe programs than Microsoft programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woaaahh. It's nearly the end of 2020 and still no simple toolbar for Windows? This is crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it depressing, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What program is everyone switching to? I've used Adobe for over 20 years (!) and just decided to teach myself xD but given that I'm running windows, the lack of a menu toolbar seems like a waste of time. Just going thru tutorials and I'm already so frustrated. Can't imagine trying to complete a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. In the Windows version of XD, we have the hamburger menu from where you can access other options. For more information, please refer to this article: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/xd-top-menu-missing-windows/m-p/10795237#M20334

Regards
Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would NEVER let MS dectate where UI design is headed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dictate*  I couldn't find a way to edit my post.  Maybe the more link, but it doesn't show anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But most of the things still not in the hamburger, like option view and others too. So how we(Windows users ) get rid of these problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am calling you out on this comment. Hate speech is not tolarable. By
using such words, you discredit your own opinion. I might add, it's a
crime.

May I suggest you keep your interventions in the "positive criticism "
side. I understand you have free speech. You also have the liberty of being
civil. Say what you have to say by in a way that is acceptable.

XD isn't all that great, but wishing the death of an other person is
exaggerated. Try "I wish you stump your toes". It's proportional and it'll
make us smile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't really help, unfortunately. The hamburger menu has a lot of options but it looks like a disturbing number of functions are missing from the Windows hamburger menu. I can't figure out how to do a lot of simple tasks that are quite easy on Mac 😞

These are not even the same products and I don't feel like this should be a live product if this many options are missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using XD in Windows. The top bar is missing, so how do I edit objects, masks, and so? It seems XD is made only for MAC users. Right click won´t show any of those options

Frustrated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win version of Adobe XD do not use top bar you need to click "hamburger icon" on the left top to activate menu. Also right clicking object activate context menu from where you can use commands

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I edit objects, create masks from that menu? The hamburger menu is useless for that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to select object in layers or find command after right clicking and open contextual menu for that object. Also you can use the properties panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh yeah and how to you edit / release a mask once created? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dont shill for this crap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to find the toolbar File, Edit, Object as you can see in this foto is missing. I am working on the computer Not a Tablet.

I appreciate your help.

Hadas.

Missing toolbar.JPG

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hadas,

Thanks for reaching out. The top menu bar is only available on macOS, on Windows Operating System we have Hamburger Menu on the left-hand side top corner. For more information, you can refer to this similar discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/xd-top-menu-missing-windows/m-p/10795237?page=1#M20334

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I downloaded the app Adobe XD on my Windows laptop. Now I am running into a problem. When I am working in the app I can't see the menu bar where you can find the option as file, edit, object, etc. Because of this I don't have access to many options while working in Adobe XD. What can I do to fix this? 

{Renamed By MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. The Windows version of XD doesn't have the top menu, instead, it has a hamburger menu on the top left corner. For more information, please refer to these similar discussions:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/xd-top-menu-missing-windows/m-p/10795237#M20334

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/top-menu-bar-with-options-file-edit-and-object-are-missing-i...

Feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help! This will help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines