Exit

XD version conflict!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I try to open a file. I get this error screen:

This file was created with a newer version of Adobe XD. This version of the file format is incompatible. Please update your version of Adobe XD to open this file.

But I have the latest version of XD and the file was created on a different computer (a Mac) with the same version.

What is the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cabaka11, could you please share the exact version of Adobe XD from both the machines?

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the exact same problem.

My version: 13.1.32.8 (starter) Apparently the latest version.

Here is the message i get when trying to open the XD file my freelance has sent to me:

"This file was created with a newer version of Adobe XD. This version of the file format is incompatible. Please update your version of Adobe XD to open this file."

Is it because I have the starter version ? Do I have to go on a paid plan ?

It does not say on the XD website that using the starter version would block you from opening files from your teamates.

Thank you for your help.
Best regards,

Vincent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! This isn't the latest version - you need to click on ... in the Creative Cloud desktop application and "Check for App Updates." Our latest version is XD 15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My version is 5.0.12.8 but I do not know what the version on the computer the file was created is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cabaka11​,

Files created on older versions can be opened up in newer version like 15.0.12.8, a file created on 15.0.12.8 can't be opened in earlier version like 14.0.

The safest thing to do would be to update XD to the latest 15.0 on both the machines. Try this and meanwhile I will try and find out how to get the version attached to your file on which you are getting this error.

Let me know whatever be the case. Thanks!

Regards,

Niharika Jha

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well when i ask foe uodates it says that i do have rhe latest version...

I ll try to uninstall and install again.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I did that already but it still does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have exactly the same oriblem between the version on my Enterprise XD application and my personal account application. I have external suppliers providing me with files which I cannot open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines