• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD Windows 10 constant black screen previews and crashes

Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this has been happening for as long i've used XD on windows, when I preview a file most of the time I get a black screen, if I leave the black screen open for more than a few seconds it will crash Xd. Even if I close the black preview window straight away, most of the time, it will crash XD immediately afterwards. This happens with all files, but more complex files are affected more often. 

I have tried many things including updating all my drivers, uninstalling Adobe CC and all Apps and even using a different windows computer but I get the exact same problems, I don't get these problems on mac at all with the same files.

I don't have more than 2 windows computers to experiment on, but both Windows PCs have completely different hardware and both get the same crashes so I assume its an issue with all windows machines but I can’t experiment further. As I said it happens with all files, on both my Windows computers, but not with the same files on less powerful Macs, there is no commonality between my windows machines except my adobe account and the network I am on. 

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Data loss , Known Issue , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We'll need to test this on our end, so please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD.
  2. Will it be possible for you to share a sample file?
  3. Will it be possible for you to share a small video of what exactly is happening at your end?
  4. Please generate the logs using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html 
  5. Please enable crash dump by following the steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/how-to-generate-crash-dump-on-windows-machine.html and then once the app crashes, please collect logs from this location:  %LocalAppData%/crashdumps. and share it with us.

Note: Please share these details through a private message. You can add the XD file and log files to a shared location like DropBox or Google Drive and share the link through DM by clicking on my name. Please add this discussion link in the subject while sending the DM.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines