Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zeplin export won't show in Adobe XD

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have zeplin installed on my mac and I have the latest version of Adobe XD but when I try to export my screens to Zeplin the alternative won't show up in the list under File > Export.

Anyone know what the problem is and how I could solve it?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Hi @DMB2525@HARSHIKA_VERMA @Preran 

Posting a solution here below that worked for me for issue of Select Projects Modal (of Zeplin) not showing up:

- Uninstall Zeplin (Delete from your downloads / applications folder and recycle bin) 

- Downgrade Adobe XD to Version 35 from Creative Cloud

- Restart your Macbook

- Download Zeplin back from Zeplin Website

- Open Adobe XD 

- XD will ask for permissions to open Zeplin (Click on Allow / Okay)

- Export Modal from Zeplin now visible👍

- Now upgrade the Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

@tharun5DA7 

Had the exact same issue on windows 10, would get this error msg: "Exporting from XD failed
Try exporting using our new XD plugin, currently on beta. The new plugin is built to solve most common export issues. For any questions, contact us at support@zeplin.io"

In a nutshell, Zeplin standard  XD export method seems broken, the work around is using the plugin. (no need to reinstall XD or even restart, reboot anything..)
1-Install XD pluggin :Plugins > Browse Plugins ... > Search for Zep

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Hi All,

With the latest XD update (41.1), you should be able to see the Zeplin option in the export menu as well. Please try that and let us know if it works.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 178 Replies 178
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you are unable to export artboard to Zeplin. It looks like you are using the older version of XD. The current version of XD is 31.2. Would you mind updating XD to the current version and see if that solves the problem?

If it doesn't, please try these steps-

Go to Security & Privacy Automation Check Mark “Zeplin” option

Zeplin.jpg

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika, thanks for following up on my post.

The problem reported last Thursday persists.

I have accessed to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Automation but it doesn't show the Check Mark "Zeplin" option. 

Could be the problem?

Why this option is not in Automation?
How can I activate this check?

Regards,

Karen Sátiro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen,

Sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind trying to uninstall and reinstall zeplin? Please make sure your XD is updated to XD 31.2 and let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you find the way to fix this problem?
I've met exactly same problem yesterday and didn't know the reason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
I have the same problem and two ways at the top don't work for me too.
Please help to solve the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also facing the same problem since yesterday. After Export > Zeplin, the Zeplin App is opening but the option Select a Project or Styleguide is missing.

Please help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,
I am also facing the same problem since yesterday, after, File > Export > Zeplin, this is opening the Zeplin App but ERROR! The application should show: Select a Project or Styleguide in Zeplin which it is not showing. 

Have followed all the above-mentioned tricks by you, but that didn't help either, and also not able to see Adobe Xd under the Automation section of Security and Privacy.

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm also facing the same issue with Adobe XD. I have tried mentioned solution still not working. 

Also, I have updated the XD and Zeplin both and reinstalled. Not solved.

Please Help

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also facing this issue, tried all solutions, and reinstalled both applications twice but still no luck.

Please help

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just raised a ticket to Zeplin and they replied to it, please check if this is helpful.

Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 12.05.36 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you a lot! This is the solution! Now everything works! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this and Not solved the problem just opened the Zeplin App but not shown the Select Project window.

Zeplin Version: Version 3.14 (1104)

Adobe XD Version: 36.1.32.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to UNINSTALL Adobe XD 36 version and install (downgrade) Adobe XD 35 version, I did it and everything works now.

How I did it:
1. Removed Zeplin from my computer
2. Downgraded Adobe XD to 35 version (before it was 36 version)
3. Restarted my MAC
4. Downloaded Zeplin, installed it
5. Opened Adobe XD 35 version and created a new document on my computer, save it and then tried to export artboard to Zeplin. It asked me about something to allow, I clicked OK and Zeplin offered me to select a project🙂

6. Once that done, you can update XD to the latest version.

I wish you good luck with this problem, just try again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, It's working now with Old XD version but now I'm not able to access my file with the new version.

I think it's not a complete solution.

Thanks for the help. Adobe has to fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, exactly! I faced with the same problem with opening files 😞 Hope Adobe will solve this problem soon, because it's very uncomfortable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers for posting this! Wondering if anyone has now had the issue resolved?

I've downgraded to XD 35, but have now lost the ability to export to Zeplin... Anyone else found this at all? Super frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems this issue is caused by the Libraries. When I create a new document without linked any symbol, just everything from scratch, I can upload designs to Zeplin. However, when I open my older projects with linked libraries, the upload failed...

Honestly, the whole process of new updates is really bad. Every new update brings a new issue almost every time for more than 2y I am using this app. If I can use old versions of XD app and open files created from new versions of XD in some limited, legacy mode, it will in 99% solve all the updates issues. Now I cannot because when somebody from our colleagues updates the app and saves the cloud document in the new version, you have to updated XD to at least open the file...

Also, the information in updates is too general. I cannot see if it is in areas where I experienced the most bugs, so that updated I will easily skip or wait and inform other colleagues ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry for the trouble. Please try the suggestion shared in the correct answer and let us know if you are still experiencing an issue, we'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh

You really think that downgrading Adobe XD is the best solution to resolve the issue? We want to resolve this issue on priority because it's causing our work.

Downgrading XD is a hack or temporary solution, please try to resolve it asap.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion. As per the workaround shared in the answer, you can update XD back to XD 36.2 which is the latest so once downgraded, to XD 35 and re-installed Zeplin, create a new file and export it to Zeplin, it asked your permission, please allow. Once you do that, you can update XD to the latest version which is 36.2 and the export should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rishabh. It's working now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, but I don't have the option to install a previous version in my Creative Cloud. How do I downgrade XD to version 35? I only have the options to open or uninstall, unlike in the help docs. Thanks for any help!

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 4.42.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue today. Instructions show above worked for me. Hope this helps!

1. Un-installed Zeplin and emptied trash
  2. Downgraded XD to latest 35.X version via Creative Cloud
  3. Installed latest release of Zeplin (currently 3.15)
  4. Started new project in XD and exported a single artboard, triggering the permission modal mentioned above. Hit OK.
  5. Quit Zeplin and updated to latest XD 36.X
  6. Exported from new project worked. Tested export from existing project (that failed originally) and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no need to downgrade XD

I had the same issue when I started using MacOS version of XD.

Here's how I fixed it:

In XD go to :Plugins > Browse Plugins ... > Search for Zeplin > Install "Zeplin for XD (Beta)" plugin

Screen Shot 1399-11-16 at 13.03.46.png

Now for exporting:

Select your artboards > go to Plugins > Zeplin for XD (Beta) > Export Selected

Screen Shot 1399-11-16 at 13.05.20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines