Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zeplin export won't show in Adobe XD

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have zeplin installed on my mac and I have the latest version of Adobe XD but when I try to export my screens to Zeplin the alternative won't show up in the list under File > Export.

Anyone know what the problem is and how I could solve it?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Hi @DMB2525@HARSHIKA_VERMA @Preran 

Posting a solution here below that worked for me for issue of Select Projects Modal (of Zeplin) not showing up:

- Uninstall Zeplin (Delete from your downloads / applications folder and recycle bin) 

- Downgrade Adobe XD to Version 35 from Creative Cloud

- Restart your Macbook

- Download Zeplin back from Zeplin Website

- Open Adobe XD 

- XD will ask for permissions to open Zeplin (Click on Allow / Okay)

- Export Modal from Zeplin now visible👍

- Now upgrade the Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

@tharun5DA7 

Had the exact same issue on windows 10, would get this error msg: "Exporting from XD failed
Try exporting using our new XD plugin, currently on beta. The new plugin is built to solve most common export issues. For any questions, contact us at support@zeplin.io"

In a nutshell, Zeplin standard  XD export method seems broken, the work around is using the plugin. (no need to reinstall XD or even restart, reboot anything..)
1-Install XD pluggin :Plugins > Browse Plugins ... > Search for Zep

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Hi All,

With the latest XD update (41.1), you should be able to see the Zeplin option in the export menu as well. Please try that and let us know if it works.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 178 Replies 178
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you selected an artboard or a layer within the artboard before trying to export? If you are, and it still doesn't work, send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @preran

I Sent you a message as you suggested please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nanda,

A similar issue has been reported here on this link: - Latest version of XD is incompatible with latest version of Zeplin – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Req... Could you please confirm if this is the same issue that you are facing? If yes, Please vote for this bug and share your comments with the following information:

• Version of Adobe XD
  • Version of OS
  • Steps to reproduce the issues
  • Expected result
  • Actual result
  • XD file, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

I would also request please check out "Update #3" By Ole, and see if the workaround could be of any help to you.

If this isn't related, then we have your details already, we would further escalate it to our 1:1 support team.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 2.30.12 PM.png

PreranAtul_Saini

Hi, I have the same issue on mac, I can't find Zeplin option on the export menu.

please help

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, did you try the solution that I have suggested in this discussion?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. but i cant find XD folder in ~/Library/Application Support/.
also re-installing both XD and Zeplin.
I PM-ed you too by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@aldos33722146 as some one who just went through this problem I suggest that you open a ticket with Adobe. They were able to resolve the problem while Zeplin were at a loss for solutions. It will save you a lot of time. I also suggest to @Preran to follow up with Adobe to see what they have done in my case case number: CRM:01072000002671 it took some time but it got resolved. None of the solutions listed above in the thread worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem
I have latest version XD and Zeplin (1.23 (356))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am checking with the team to see if they have any initial troubleshooting steps that they want to recommend.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

have yoiu been able to solve the export to Zeplin issue? I have been in touch with Zeplin rep for weeks til thy finally asked me to escalate to Adobe help. I did all the steps as required here a number of times. reinstalled everything a number of times. still no export to Zeplin. Can you please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...Also reset Zeplin does not appear in Zeplin Help so i cant do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Do you have a case number from your interaction with the Adobe team? If so, would it be possible to share that with me over a private message along with the URL of this post for reference? To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I don’t have a case with Adobe team. I was talking with Zeplin for about 2 weeks and they couldn’t figure it out.

Should I open a case? Can you direct me to where I can do this?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team investigated a few users with this issue, and this is what they recommend

• Ensure that you have the latest versions of Adobe XD and Zeplin installed on your computer
  • Check if the folder ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe XD CC is writable for the current user account
    • On your Mac OS, open Finder.
    • Select Go > Go to Folder and enter ~/Library
    • Right click the Adobe XD CC folder and see if it is unlocked.
  • If the folder permissions appear correct, check if there is a ‘contentaccess’ subfolder inside there. If it’s missing, reinstall Zeplin.  If it’s present, share the contents of the folder with me over a private message using the instructions in my previous post.

Steps would be basically the same for problems with any of the other partner apps as well (Avocode, Sympli, ProtoPie, or Kite).

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Preran! This worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that you are all set!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johannes,

Can you let us know which of these solutions worked for you? It will help us provide the most probable solution to other users.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

I did all the steps you described. Additionally, it appeared during the reinstallation of the Zeplin update. Everything works perfectly :). Now you have to work and wait until you can import PSD to XD;)

Krelke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Krelke, just to clarify: did you change any folder permissions/settings in the second step, or was everything there correct already?  I am curious whether reinstalling Zeplin was the only step needed, or if there were also problems with the settings folder on disk that needed to get corrected first.

Thanks!

- Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I can't get an export to Zeplin option even after reinstalling.

I am not on a Mac though, so I couldn't follow the steps described above by Preran. Do you have an equivalent for WIndows ?

Thanks,

- Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the delayed response. This feature is not yet available for Windows. Vote for the feature using this link.

Zeplin integration on Windows – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As usual Windows is behind, if only my team was on Mac I would have taken Sketch licenses, just for the principle of paying my subscriptions the same price as a Mac user while having 2 times less features...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Permissions were all OK to begin with. No change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try reaching out to our support team using this link?

Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines