Highlighted

Adobe Aero: Files have dithered edges

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've followed this tutorial (https://youtu.be/fo8aG0vCY7k) and have tried several different ways of exporting and am still getting very dithered edges on all the files from .AI to .PSD and doing it manually and with the 'export for aero' option in PS. My largest file size is just over 16MB too. I'm wondering if it's just a proximity to the asset in Adobe Aero, or if there's something not working correctly. I've read that adding more space around the files helps, and it seems to be doing, better, but still not presentable. 

Any suggestions as there aren't many tutorials online for this right now?

IMG_0015 2.PNGIMG_0019.PNG

Thanks to the release of Adobe Aero, creating Augmented Reality experiences is easier than ever. All you need to start building interactive AR projects is to...

Topics

Assets, Imports, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Aero: Files have dithered edges

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've followed this tutorial (https://youtu.be/fo8aG0vCY7k) and have tried several different ways of exporting and am still getting very dithered edges on all the files from .AI to .PSD and doing it manually and with the 'export for aero' option in PS. My largest file size is just over 16MB too. I'm wondering if it's just a proximity to the asset in Adobe Aero, or if there's something not working correctly. I've read that adding more space around the files helps, and it seems to be doing, better, but still not presentable. 

Any suggestions as there aren't many tutorials online for this right now?

IMG_0015 2.PNGIMG_0019.PNG

Thanks to the release of Adobe Aero, creating Augmented Reality experiences is easier than ever. All you need to start building interactive AR projects is to...

Topics

Assets, Imports, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issues. I have tried a couple of things which seemed to help with the ghosting on the edges - when preparing the image in Ps - select layer>matting>remove white matte  and then also matting>defringe and select how many pixels (I just experimented with the numbe.) This seemed to get rid of quite a bit of the ghosting effect on the edges. However I'm still losing definition around the edges on certain assets - the best results I've had so far are with a file 1000x700 pixels 540kb, which was a vector drawing of three letters made in illustrator which I exported into Ps and then saved as a PSD (my export to aero function wasnt working for some reason) - defringed and removed the matte and then brought it into Aero and scaled it up quite high. The edges were clean and well defined, in contrast to two other similar assets containing twice the number of drawn letters and which I didn't scale up as much.  I find that the more transparency between elements in the file, it gets worse. You might get a better outcome bringing each letter in as a separate asset, or placing them on a solid background - that's what I am going to try next.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines