Highlighted

Creating Aero assets using the pan/scan function?

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pardon my naivety in this. I'm new to Aero and 3D work in general.  I've come to wonder at a potential feature.  Could the scanning function on the mobile app, not be reversed to also create an asset??  I noticed in the process of creating a space for the placement of an asset, that the camera is scanning and mapping the space.  With this new LiDAR could the iPad not record or "map" an object in the same way???

Would love the freedom to create in this fashion.  Is this an obsurd question?

Hi Bohdan_Chreptak,

Not an obsurd question at all! There are a few apps out there that allow this to happen. One of which is a mobile app called Qlone. Aero does not allow for you to scan a real world physical object and turn it into a 3D model, but if you would like to see this funcitonality within Aero, please suggest it on our UserVoice Feature Request Forum here: https://adobeaero.uservoice.com/. Thanks! 

Topics

Animation, Assets, Imports, Interactivity, Surfaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creating Aero assets using the pan/scan function?

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pardon my naivety in this. I'm new to Aero and 3D work in general.  I've come to wonder at a potential feature.  Could the scanning function on the mobile app, not be reversed to also create an asset??  I noticed in the process of creating a space for the placement of an asset, that the camera is scanning and mapping the space.  With this new LiDAR could the iPad not record or "map" an object in the same way???

Would love the freedom to create in this fashion.  Is this an obsurd question?

Hi Bohdan_Chreptak,

Not an obsurd question at all! There are a few apps out there that allow this to happen. One of which is a mobile app called Qlone. Aero does not allow for you to scan a real world physical object and turn it into a 3D model, but if you would like to see this funcitonality within Aero, please suggest it on our UserVoice Feature Request Forum here: https://adobeaero.uservoice.com/. Thanks! 

Topics

Animation, Assets, Imports, Interactivity, Surfaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bohdan_Chreptak,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines