Highlighted

Gallery show

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have a Gallery art show coming up at a renowned venue and want to use Aero for some AR experiences.

My question is this, can i use aero for multiple scenes? IE: if i walk from one painting to another can aero understand more than one setup? or would i need a device for each scene/painting?

Urrr does that make sense? so basically i want to be able to walk around a large space and have various AR obejects within that space 

and also for example if i have 20 paintings can i have a popup or animation with info for each painting or will i need a device for each painting?

So i guess the question is can aero handle multiple scenes within a large space?

Hope this makes sense, I need to knowe whether it viable before i invest time and money into this.

Many thanks in advance 

Cheers

Webbs

Hi Webbs,

Makes perfect sense, but the short answer is not really at this moment. We know this is functionality our artist community wants / needs, but we do not have the capability to support multiple Image Anchors in a single scene yet. In order for this to work currently, you would need multiple devices that have that specific painting as an image anchor IF you didn't want people to use their own phones. It would be a one scene per painting type of setup. 

If you didn't mind your audience using their own phones, this may be easier to pull off as you could use the "Share a Link" functionality in the Aero app to have a link per painting, so the attendees could click this link while in front of your painting and call a new Aero scene each time that is specific to the painting they are standing in front of. 

That workflow may look like this:

- Create 20 Image Anchor Aero scenes. 1 for each painting

- Generate 20 links. 1 for each painting

After you have the links, you have 2 options:

1. Host the links on a single web page where your attendees can easily click each one. This will open Adobe Aero and show your experience.

2. Create unique QR codes for each and post them near your painting so anyone with an iphone can use the camera to recognize the QR code with the embedded Aero link and it will open up the Adobe Aero experience you've created

Hope this helps!

More info on Image Anchors: https://helpx.adobe.com/aero/using/set-an-image-anchor.html

Topics

Animation, Assets, Interactivity, Layout and Edit, Sharing, Surfaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Gallery show

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have a Gallery art show coming up at a renowned venue and want to use Aero for some AR experiences.

My question is this, can i use aero for multiple scenes? IE: if i walk from one painting to another can aero understand more than one setup? or would i need a device for each scene/painting?

Urrr does that make sense? so basically i want to be able to walk around a large space and have various AR obejects within that space 

and also for example if i have 20 paintings can i have a popup or animation with info for each painting or will i need a device for each painting?

So i guess the question is can aero handle multiple scenes within a large space?

Hope this makes sense, I need to knowe whether it viable before i invest time and money into this.

Many thanks in advance 

Cheers

Webbs

Hi Webbs,

Makes perfect sense, but the short answer is not really at this moment. We know this is functionality our artist community wants / needs, but we do not have the capability to support multiple Image Anchors in a single scene yet. In order for this to work currently, you would need multiple devices that have that specific painting as an image anchor IF you didn't want people to use their own phones. It would be a one scene per painting type of setup. 

If you didn't mind your audience using their own phones, this may be easier to pull off as you could use the "Share a Link" functionality in the Aero app to have a link per painting, so the attendees could click this link while in front of your painting and call a new Aero scene each time that is specific to the painting they are standing in front of. 

1. Host the links on a single web page where your attendees can easily click each one. This will open Adobe Aero and show your experience.

2. Create unique QR codes for each and post them near your painting so anyone with an iphone can use the camera to recognize the QR code with the embedded Aero link and it will open up the Adobe Aero experience you've created

Hope this helps!

More info on Image Anchors: https://helpx.adobe.com/aero/using/set-an-image-anchor.html

Topics

Animation, Assets, Interactivity, Layout and Edit, Sharing, Surfaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Webbs,

Hope this helps!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines