Highlighted

iPhone 11 + Adobe Aero: Crash on Loading PSD

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!  Thanks for reading this 🙂  I am trying to create a project in Adobe Aero and not having much luck importing my PSD (layered) into Adobe Aero.  Everytime I import the file then the app crashes. 

The PSD itself was exported for Aero in Photoshop, and has 6 layers but the filesize is very small (under 1mb).  I tried importing from Dropbox, iPhone Files and Creative Cloud files.  All of the imports crash the app.

The phone itself isn't very old, and has no issues otherwise.  I actually upgraded my phone specifically to use Adobe Aero, so I feel a bit disappointed if I can't use it but there may be something I am doing wrong.

Would anyone be able to troubleshoot further?  I read documents about preparing the layers/PSD for Aero and it seems to be appropriate (no duplicated named layers, small filesize, etc.) however the issue still persists.  

Many thanks!

Topics

Imports

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

iPhone 11 + Adobe Aero: Crash on Loading PSD

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!  Thanks for reading this 🙂  I am trying to create a project in Adobe Aero and not having much luck importing my PSD (layered) into Adobe Aero.  Everytime I import the file then the app crashes. 

The PSD itself was exported for Aero in Photoshop, and has 6 layers but the filesize is very small (under 1mb).  I tried importing from Dropbox, iPhone Files and Creative Cloud files.  All of the imports crash the app.

The phone itself isn't very old, and has no issues otherwise.  I actually upgraded my phone specifically to use Adobe Aero, so I feel a bit disappointed if I can't use it but there may be something I am doing wrong.

Would anyone be able to troubleshoot further?  I read documents about preparing the layers/PSD for Aero and it seems to be appropriate (no duplicated named layers, small filesize, etc.) however the issue still persists.  

Many thanks!

Topics

Imports

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone!

I just got a 2020 iPad Pro for myself and was excited to push the Lidar capabilities with Aero!

However, every time I click the blue plus sign to add my PSD save file, the app crashes. I've reinstalled and no luck. Is there any word of a patch or maybe even a work around? 

thank you. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
aortiz LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shecoloura,

Thanks for letting us know you are seeing this issue and for reading the HelpX documentation. You may also want to try importing your psd file without a locked background. In Ps, unlock your background layer, save, and then use the "Export to Aero" functionality. This may allow you to bring in this psd file properly. 

If the problem persists, please reach out to me here with the psd file and I can take a closer look at it. Thanks again for bringing this up!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines