Highlighted

Layer separation lost when exported

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been on with this with adobe support. Horrible support experience I must say. They are very vague and don't cummunicate very clear. Frustrating. The problem: 

wow aero can separate the layers! Cool, let's do that! And some more! Now export the damn thing and use the .reality or .usdz file in Xcode en Reality Composer. What!? Where are the separated layers!? It's a flat image again!! 

Adobe answer (after weeks in communicating thenproblem and they still don't understand and just hang the phone on me ) : 

Please use .real file for that. we removed the feature for the other two because of future things we wanna do. 

the thing is adobe, you can't import .real into Xcode en Reality Composer. You need the .reality or .udsz for that. 

wasted 3 weeks of my time 

Hi wmaduro,

Sorry to hear you've been having issues not only with the export formats, but also with Adobe support. A few things before I answer:

1. .reality files are no longer supported in Adobe Aero. Why? The Apple proprietary filetype prevented Adobe from modifying the filetype with new functionality to best suite our users. It was not reliable enough for Adobe or our users as viable export format, so we have since removed it in our latest update 1.5.0 that was released last month

2. Usdz files do not support multiple layers and are also a non Adobe file format which again prevents us from being able to modify it with new functionality. 

In short, this is not something usdz can do at this time. 

Topics

Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Layer separation lost when exported

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been on with this with adobe support. Horrible support experience I must say. They are very vague and don't cummunicate very clear. Frustrating. The problem: 

wow aero can separate the layers! Cool, let's do that! And some more! Now export the damn thing and use the .reality or .usdz file in Xcode en Reality Composer. What!? Where are the separated layers!? It's a flat image again!! 

Adobe answer (after weeks in communicating thenproblem and they still don't understand and just hang the phone on me ) : 

Please use .real file for that. we removed the feature for the other two because of future things we wanna do. 

the thing is adobe, you can't import .real into Xcode en Reality Composer. You need the .reality or .udsz for that. 

wasted 3 weeks of my time 

Hi wmaduro,

Sorry to hear you've been having issues not only with the export formats, but also with Adobe support. A few things before I answer:

1. .reality files are no longer supported in Adobe Aero. Why? The Apple proprietary filetype prevented Adobe from modifying the filetype with new functionality to best suite our users. It was not reliable enough for Adobe or our users as viable export format, so we have since removed it in our latest update 1.5.0 that was released last month

2. Usdz files do not support multiple layers and are also a non Adobe file format which again prevents us from being able to modify it with new functionality. 

Topics

Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wmaduro,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines