Highlighted

Learn how to source digital assets that can be imported into Adobe Aero

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As we know 3D content can be created and imported into Aero app it is good to know that 3D content can be created in modelling applications and come in a variety of forms and formats. 

Aero comes loaded with a library of useful assets which you can use in your AR creations. In the Edit mode, tap + > Starter Assets and then navigate through various available categories to select the asset you would like to use in your AR creation. 

starter assets.png

Apart from these other sources from where you can get assets are Dimensions, Adobe Stock, Photoshop and Illustrator. 

dn logo.jpgadobe-illustrator-cc-logo-png-transparent.pngAdobe-Stock-logo.pngps logo.png

Good news is Aero can import assets from other applications and sources. You can use File Provider on iOS devices to navigate to a range of sources such as AirDropDropBox, OneDrive, Google Drive and import your assets. Camera Roll is another convenient way to import images into Aero.  

Be sure to refer our help document here: https://helpx.adobe.com/aero/using/source-digital-assets.html for more details. 

Have questions? Please post here and let us know. 

Hi Micoolcho,

For .psd and 3D files, we reccommend 150MB or less with 5 or less layers for psds. We reccommend we keep your maps to 2k or below. 

To answer your original question regarding animated 2D png sequences, Aero does not support any video format at this time which includes 2D pngs sequences. Feel free to vote on this functionality in the link that Franck_Payen posted above. Thanks!

Topics

Assets, Imports

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Learn how to source digital assets that can be imported into Adobe Aero

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As we know 3D content can be created and imported into Aero app it is good to know that 3D content can be created in modelling applications and come in a variety of forms and formats. 

Aero comes loaded with a library of useful assets which you can use in your AR creations. In the Edit mode, tap + > Starter Assets and then navigate through various available categories to select the asset you would like to use in your AR creation. 

starter assets.png

Apart from these other sources from where you can get assets are Dimensions, Adobe Stock, Photoshop and Illustrator. 

dn logo.jpgadobe-illustrator-cc-logo-png-transparent.pngAdobe-Stock-logo.pngps logo.png

Good news is Aero can import assets from other applications and sources. You can use File Provider on iOS devices to navigate to a range of sources such as AirDropDropBox, OneDrive, Google Drive and import your assets. Camera Roll is another convenient way to import images into Aero.  

Be sure to refer our help document here: https://helpx.adobe.com/aero/using/source-digital-assets.html for more details. 

Have questions? Please post here and let us know. 

Hi Micoolcho,

For .psd and 3D files, we reccommend 150MB or less with 5 or less layers for psds. We reccommend we keep your maps to 2k or below. 

To answer your original question regarding animated 2D png sequences, Aero does not support any video format at this time which includes 2D pngs sequences. Feel free to vote on this functionality in the link that Franck_Payen posted above. Thanks!

Topics

Assets, Imports

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to import a PNG sequence as an animation (or any other 2D format)? Kind of like importing an animted FBX file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Yes you can import animated FBX files into Aero but they must be in an archive (.zip) with all of the materials and texture.

Let me know if that answers your query.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. What I'm actually after is importing an animated 2D sequence, either PNG or any other 2D format. I could round trip into 3D software to create the FBX, but I'd like to avoid the extra complication.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, just in case, I made a feature request about that in the dedicated uservoice page : https://projectaero.uservoice.com/forums/916702-features-forum/suggestions/39343168-import-animated-... don't hesitate to vote for it and/or add comments on how you would like it to work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done this before but it no loger works. When I import the zip it tells me it can't source the file and I get a not enough memory alert. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I tried importing my asset as obj files, paxckaged in a zip folder, but any file size within KB, the asset can be loaded, but once I try it with a bigger file and goes up to 80+MB, it says import error. and the app crashes. Do you know the maximum file size of import for Adobe Aero? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Micoolcho,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
CCBell LATEST
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You refer repeatedly to starter assets, but the only ones I see are the Toy Display Turorial assets. What am I missing?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines