Highlighted

Mixamo handshake animations

New Here ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to get 2 characters to shake hands. I downloaded the xbot character with the Mixamo handshake 1 and handsake 2 animations. The problem is that they do not sync well when you look at the hands in detail; the meshes overlap each other when they touch; the thumbs get lost and the fingers are not holding but cutting through the hands (appearing and disappearing) every time the hands go up and down. Am I missing something to make the interactions between carachters respect colissions?

TOPICS
Animation, Assets, Cross-product

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mixamo handshake animations

New Here ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to get 2 characters to shake hands. I downloaded the xbot character with the Mixamo handshake 1 and handsake 2 animations. The problem is that they do not sync well when you look at the hands in detail; the meshes overlap each other when they touch; the thumbs get lost and the fingers are not holding but cutting through the hands (appearing and disappearing) every time the hands go up and down. Am I missing something to make the interactions between carachters respect colissions?

TOPICS
Animation, Assets, Cross-product

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 23, 2020 0
Aortiz LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi josuedev,

This kind of colission work would not be done in Aero, but in a 3D software where you can control the fine details of the hands and manipulate their keyframes and movement. You'll want to manipulate and sync them in Maya, C4D, or a 3D software of your choice. If you can get your hands on the source file, you should be able to acheive what you're looking for. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 0