Highlighted

Sharing link not working

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Share link doesn't appear to work? I can create an experience and share the link, but when the link is opened the experience is empty. It allows an anchor to be placed on a surface but the object that was placed there does not appear. 

anyone else having this issue? Am I doing something wrong in sharing or trying to view the experience through a link? 

I have the latest Aero app on an iPhone X. 

cheers

josh

Hi Joshuam and Erik,

Though I know I responded to you both before an another thread, I will paste the response here for others to see as well. Knowing that my below information had not helped you, I would suggest sharing the experience as a .real file for other to view. There are some caveats to this method as the audience you send a .real file to will have the ability to manipulate your scene in Edit mode and thus is not a "view only" mode which is how the Share A Link functionality should work.

Having said that, we know this is not ideal for our community and are actively working this year on getting the Share A Link functionality much more reliable. Keep a look out for new updates this year and with time, this will be corrected. 

Here is my first response for fellow community members:

"There may be times when you are sharing a link that the experience has not synced to the cloud successfully or not in time before you are publishing / viewing the link. Trying the link again after some period of time (5 min) will definitely help especially if you or your audience has a low or bad connection. The size of the experience or scene may also contribute to the objects not showing up in the scene as quickly as expected. If you have a large scene 175MB for example, it may take several minutes for the link to be ready to share."

TOPICS
Export, Sharing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sharing link not working

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Share link doesn't appear to work? I can create an experience and share the link, but when the link is opened the experience is empty. It allows an anchor to be placed on a surface but the object that was placed there does not appear. 

anyone else having this issue? Am I doing something wrong in sharing or trying to view the experience through a link? 

I have the latest Aero app on an iPhone X. 

cheers

josh

Hi Joshuam and Erik,

Though I know I responded to you both before an another thread, I will paste the response here for others to see as well. Knowing that my below information had not helped you, I would suggest sharing the experience as a .real file for other to view. There are some caveats to this method as the audience you send a .real file to will have the ability to manipulate your scene in Edit mode and thus is not a "view only" mode which is how the Share A Link functionality should work.

Having said that, we know this is not ideal for our community and are actively working this year on getting the Share A Link functionality much more reliable. Keep a look out for new updates this year and with time, this will be corrected. 

"There may be times when you are sharing a link that the experience has not synced to the cloud successfully or not in time before you are publishing / viewing the link. Trying the link again after some period of time (5 min) will definitely help especially if you or your audience has a low or bad connection. The size of the experience or scene may also contribute to the objects not showing up in the scene as quickly as expected. If you have a large scene 175MB for example, it may take several minutes for the link to be ready to share."

TOPICS
Export, Sharing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 19, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Coldie3D,

Feel free to post to the forum if you are still experiencing the issue and we will do our best to help triage your issue. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, where is the forum to post to? I didnt know there was somewhere besides this.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do we post for help? I've tried sharing a link and the object doesn't show up at all, static or otherwise. Any help on how to see the object after sharing the link is appreciated!! 

I'm using the latest Aero app on an iPhone X. 

thanks

josh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Have you been able to do something? It's the same thing for me, I share a link to a file where there's a PSD file with offset between its layers and when someone opens it, ¡there's nothing there! 

I hope there's a solution

Thanks!

Luis

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to share my AR project and everytime I send the link over and other people open it they don't see the content. I tested it myself as well and I get the same result. 

When I check the assets.adobe.com I don't see any of my links there either. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Josh, I'm having the exact same problem. Have you come across a solution by chance?

I'm on an iPhone XR. 

I'm on an iPhone XR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 01, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joshuam and Erik,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 01, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. Still doesn't work at all for me. Does it work for anyone or just not working for some people? 

What I'd really like to do is follows...I'm a children's book author / illustrator and I'd like to share AR animations for my book. Basically if someone has the experience link they cannhover over the page of the book and the animation will pop up. Does Aero work like this? Eg the animation would only come up for the specific page of the book it's designed for rather than any generic surface? Thanks!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 01, 2020 0
Aortiz LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joshuam59595909,

Yes, this can be done in Aero by using an Image Anchor. You would build your AR scene on a digital version of the page you wish to have the experience on and when you share a link, the user would be prompted to find that specific page and then trigger your AR experience. More on Image Anchors here: https://helpx.adobe.com/aero/using/set-an-image-anchor.html

Regarding the link not working, I would make sure you have the latest updates on your iOS device and Adobe Aero. We are working on making this functionality more reliable, but it should work often enough to share with others. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My last bug is fixed but here comes my new bug !

When i create a link to my scene and share it, everything is ok. But when i click on my link, the scene doesn't appear.

First i thought my scene was too big so i tried with a 3d asset of adobe. Same result. I have the anchor on my screen but the scene doesn't load !

Please Help !

Have you got some troubles with your server ?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue, i also tried with a starter asset and it still doesn't work. They advised me to generate a new link after 4-6 hours to see if it works, so i am going to try that. But i believe this is a bug with the link generation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2020 1
New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Aero generates links but when you test the links, the experiences come up empty. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recieved an email from adobe customer care and they told me it's a bug and they are working on fixing it and that it is most probably fixed in the next update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Bad timing for a big project reveal I am trying to share... Any update on when this will be fixed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I try to do some AR sculptures for an art project. But I can't make it work. I want to make an qr-code or similar so the visitors can scan it and then see the "artwork". When I make the code adobeaero.app.link it does'nt show a ting... just the ground plane. And I really dont want the visitor to see that. Can someone help me?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MalinMW,

We are experiencing some bugs with the share a link functionality, but this sounds more like a loading time issue to me. How robust is your scene and the assets within it? When you share a link and nothing shows up, it is usually caused by 2 things:

1. Unstable internet connection

2. Robust scene 

If you wait several minutes, the scene should eventually load as it's finished downloading all of the assets and is able to then reassemble them into the scene. Making your models and 3D/2D objects as light as possible will help them load faster in the experience. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2020 0