Highlighted

Usdz exported from aero has an unsupported file format

Contributor ,
May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! I exported an aero scene from iphone 11 and when i'm trying to do anything with the usdz file on macbook pro like drag to a folder , or view i get the message that it has an unsupported file format. Also my macbook pro freezes. This same file seems to b ok on mobile. 
i am trying to add it to my website .would appreciate ur help!🙏

Topics

Animation, Assets, Desktop, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Usdz exported from aero has an unsupported file format

Contributor ,
May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! I exported an aero scene from iphone 11 and when i'm trying to do anything with the usdz file on macbook pro like drag to a folder , or view i get the message that it has an unsupported file format. Also my macbook pro freezes. This same file seems to b ok on mobile. 
i am trying to add it to my website .would appreciate ur help!🙏

Topics

Animation, Assets, Desktop, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
aortiz LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi piixy,

Thank you for raising this issue. USDZ is an Apple proprietary filetype that does not support animations which may be the issue here. I was able to export a .usdz file and haven't had the same problems you are describing. What OSX are you running on your macbook pro? Also what kind/generation macbook pro are you using? Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines