• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beta version 3d object import error

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An error occurred that the imported 3D object could not be imported from beta again.

also, the texture of the obj or fbx file disappeared when the beta version was saved.

But I think the technology to import 3d objects right away is really innovative

The technology that can immediately import 3d objects is really convenient when giving simple animation and motion to 3d objects. Can reduce render time a lot

I'm always grateful for your efforts.

*I'm sorry if the sentence was awkward using a translator.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Bug , Error , Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Thank you for filing this bug.

Could you share the OBJ file with us so we can test it internally? OBJ files often have custom data written to them by the app which created them, and if that app doesn't write them properly it can cause problems for other apps. We are fixing such cases as we find them, but there are infinite possibilities here. We would like to inspect your file to learn if it's something we can fix.

Please note that FBX files are not currently supported. They will import into

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for filing this bug.

Could you share the OBJ file with us so we can test it internally? OBJ files often have custom data written to them by the app which created them, and if that app doesn't write them properly it can cause problems for other apps. We are fixing such cases as we find them, but there are infinite possibilities here. We would like to inspect your file to learn if it's something we can fix.

Please note that FBX files are not currently supported. They will import into After Effects Beta, but we have not yet extended the 3D model import feature to fully support them. This is something we expect to see at a later date.

> the texture of the obj or fbx file disappeared when the beta version was saved.

Can you please elaborate on this? What steps does it take to cause this problem? Can you please provide a screen recording of the problem happening, and the OBJ files that you are using?

Feel free to DM me any files or links if you do not want to share them publicly.

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources