• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting multiple Illustrator layers and converting to Outlines results in a crash every time.

Enthusiast ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported an illustrator file with a grid of boxes and each box on its own layer. Just a box, nothing else. If I select all these layers and "Create Shapes from Vector Layer" it crashes every time. If I do them one at a time there is no crash.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bug , Crash , Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @jackthegiantslayer , I've written up the bug and passed it along to the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jackthegiantslayer , can we get your sample project to reproduce?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the followup, I just tried taking the same illustrator file and importing into a clean comp and it did not give the errors or crash. I'm not sure if this was just a hiccup, a compromised project or if one of the beta updates fixed it. I will say the most problems I've had so far are just irregular behavior from the app, random crashes or odd bugs that fix themselves, for instance I had to quit and restart the app 3 times at one point because it wouldn't allow any pulldown menus to work on launch, but then fixed itself somehow. Also I've had my renders choke on one frame randomly, force quit, open the same comp and render and it's fine. Quirks here and there, I'm sure things will get ironed out, still a far better experience on M1 than the current stable build.

One more question, why don't the beta builds have more detailed notes on what changed between versions when I select the beta "flask" icon? In the "New Changes" there are never any notes between the builds. It's kinda like UserVoice, great intentions but if nobody actually engages with these tools built to communciate between user and developer, then I'm not sure what the point is?

Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 12.06.20 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear you are running into such inconsistencies, that's always frustrating. Hopefully you'll run into less of those as things progress, but certainly let us know if that isn't the case.

As for the changes that get listed under that Beta flask icon, we tend to keep those as highlights of the features that are new and of note. In fact the 'New changes' list will update to only include items you haven't seen before, while you can still access the full list in the 'All changes' section. While we do daily updates, most of the items contained are bug fixes or small improvements that would make for a cluttered and probably not very useful list to most users. But maybe there is a middle ground that we should be looking at to just include a note for what is included each day. We'll have to look into whether that would be useful, or become too cluttered to find what is important for most users that may only check on the beta once a week, or once a month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@jackthegiantslayer - following up on this one, we are closing the bug as we have not been able to reproduce it on our end, and it sounds like maybe it cleared up for you as well with the clean comp. So hopefully as you said, just a hiccup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources