• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 22.1.1x56 is dead

Enthusiast ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current beta build of AE does not display anything in the comp viewer - just blackness, no transparency grid, no layers, no ruler lines, no title/action safe lines, nothing - no matter if I load up an existing project or create a new project/new comp, even if the new comp has a bright background colour. It makes no difference if I'm using CUDA or software mode. I shall update my Nvidia drivers (I updated them about 2 weeks ago) from 496.49 to 496.76 and report back.

I'm on Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, Nvidia RTX3090 24GB GPU, 128GB RAM

UPDATE: I updated my Nvidia drivers to today's version, restarted, and AE is still as dead as a doornail. Back to good old, reliable version 2021!

Incidentally, each time I quit the beta versions of AE or PPro, I always get that "do you want to send an error report?" message.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into the same issue on both my Mac and PC.  If you go to Preferences > Display > then disable 'Harware Accelerate Composition, Layer and Footage Panels' then you should be able to work (albeit a little less fluidly) until it's resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @hellopaul4 & @charlesbevan,

Thank you both for posting about this. We have been able to identify the cause of the bug and there is a fix in the upcoming 22.1.1.60 Beta build. Please give it another try in that build once it becomes available and let us know if the display in the viewer is working again with "Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer and Footage Panels" enabled.

Thanks again,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Works again for me, thanks John and the AE Engineering Team for the rapid fix! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources