Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Beta on M1 Mini Crashes on Start up.

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

About a week or so ago I did the update for my M1 Mini for AE Beta and ever since then I cannot get it to open. I get the error message below,

Afeter Effects Alert

Last log message was: <2694842> <DynamicLink> <5> Increase wait time to 2

Now of course there is the longer thread as well that I have been sending to Adobe. 

Any help or suggestions would be grately appreciated!!!

Cheers,

John Grote, Jr.

Generating crash log, which may take a few minutes.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is all because of the new Macos Monterey.
I have the same problem, but the numbers are different 62162

We will wait for a new update from Adobe, we pay money for it.
All my work has stopped due to this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the thread to the After Effecte Beta Community.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @johng1946351,

Thank you for reporting this issue, sorry to see you're experiencing a crash  on launch. Which Beta build were you using when you experienced this crash? The latest as of today is 22.1.1.21; the last number is the build number. Please give the latest Beta build a try and let us know if that helps.

If AE (Beta) still crashes on launch in build 22.1.1.21, please try moving or deleting the preferences folder for version 22.1, located at ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects (Beta)/22.1. This will cause AE to create a new set of preferences when it launches.

Thanks very much for any further information,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing that string at all on my mac mini, and I am usually good about finding these things. Tried to open again this morning after the update and same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @johng1946351

That path is a bit hidden by default. Here are two ways you can get there:

• While the Finder is active, open the Go menu in the top-bar and then hold down the Option key. You will see the Library folder show up, which is the Library folder indicated in the path.
  • In any Finder window, use the shortcut Cmd + Shift + G to bring up a "Go to the folder:" dialog, which will allow you to paste the path and go directly to the folder.

Alternatively, you can hold Cmd + Option + Shift while opening After Effects (Beta) and you will be prompted to reset the preferences. This is destructive, so hopefully only a last resort.

One more thing to try: if you open After Effects (Beta) using Rosetta emulation ( right-click the Adobe After Effects (Beta).app, select Get Info, enable "Open Using Rosetta ), does it still crash on launch?

Thanks again,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! It was the Rosetta Stone that did the trick!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much, rosetta helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just want to report tha the latest update of AE silicon beta 22.4 crashed many times while rendering and previewing. I reinstalled the previous version 22.3, and it works fine. I use macbook pro M1 pro 16gb.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources