Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beta 17.5 Roto Brush 2 crash

Participant ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all.

Upgraded today to the newest AE beta because the previous beta wouldn't show video clips unless zoomed in (blank screen on fit to screen). Wanted to use roto brush 2 to test out some ideas at work, but after about three frames of Roto, AE Beta crashes to desktop. No error, just gone. Repeated multiple times with different clips.

Any idea or fix here? I'm going to try to roll back and hope that I can find a best of both worlds in a preview version?

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi codys72658089,

Thank you so much for reporting this issue. There is a known issue in the last two Beta builds where playing with Spacebar or Numpad0 in the Layer panel will cause a crash. We are currently looking to get this fixed as soon as possible.

If you are able to try again in today's build, you can still use Roto Brush by either moving frame-to-frame with PageDn or other keyboard shortcuts ( to preview propagation as it happens ) or simply move the CTI to different frame within your span to propagate any number of frames.

I will follow back up with this thread once the crash when playing in the Layer panel has been fixed.

Thanks so much for trying out the After Effect (Beta) and Roto Brush 2!

- John, After Effects Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources