• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashing on latest beta (build 60)

Participant ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it was long image sequences, but build 60 crashes whenever I try to preview any art after adding to even a brand new project. 

Launch, Import Files (anything I've tried), double click the art or add it to a new comp and double click the comp to see what's in it - boom, crash.

I've tried deleting prefs, I've tried uninstall/re-install, I've tried uninstall/delete everything AE I can find or think of, nothing's worked. This build seems cursed on my machines (10 core 2020 iMac running 10.15.7 and an i7/1080ti Windows 10 box fully updated).

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

SOOOOO....I got mad and uninstalled everything Adobe on my machine, re-installed just After Effects, and then the beta, and now it works. So likely the beta installer screwed up something somehow. Hey Adobe - please fix. This took me hours to untangle, when it should have been a smooth update as usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOOOOO....I got mad and uninstalled everything Adobe on my machine, re-installed just After Effects, and then the beta, and now it works. So likely the beta installer screwed up something somehow. Hey Adobe - please fix. This took me hours to untangle, when it should have been a smooth update as usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moved to the After Effects Beta forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources