Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please work on performance, not new UI features

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

Thank You for new "features" As the long-time user (since 2004). Unfortunatelly I noticed that there is no "real new features" at all since many years. During many years - You made changes in "appearance", Hot-Keys. Result for me?

The changes bring nothing but confusion. Instead of working on Performance Improvments, you're making it difficult for old folks to work in this old good environment.

Honestly, it looks like you've lost your creativity :(. I know - After Effects was designed in the 80's. The "logic" of algorithms in the middle is still from the 80's. Over the years you've only updated some plugins to really only partially exploit the potential of today's GPU. The interface itself is so horribly outdated (but not what it looks like, but inside how it works). When you scroll down layers in the timeline window, no matter what high-end computer you have, it's abusively slow. ! do something from scratch, starting with a totally new high-end super responsive interface. Then, figure out how to parse the processes in action. What you give us is optimized for one Core.

TOPICS
Feature request , Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to third this sentiment.

Just make everything as it is now, work more efficiently.

Unfortunately as an animator/motionographer working primarily in 2D and within 3D space, After Effects is the best and only software option I have that gives me the versatility and functionality I require.

There was a point circa 2008 that After Effects was really fast and efficent, ram preview was smooth and multiple-frame rendering worked really well. Then 1920x1080 HD started to become standard and it's gone downhill in terms of performance since then.

I love After Effects, I wish it would be improved at the fundamental level before adding features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you haven't tried it yet, we announced Multi-Frame Rendering a few weeks ago (https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-beta/multi-frame-rendering-is-here-aka-the-multithreadi...)

MFR takes advantage of a lot more of your system resources and has moved the rendering pipeline for After Effects into a much better place for hardware optimizations. Yes, this doesn't address the UI slowness you might experience, but it's the first step in a long list of performance improvements we are working on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources