• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RotoBrush 2 Refine All Edges Automatically.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can We make it so you Can Freeze Frame a Rotobrushed Layer? that would be super helpful.

also a feature like 

Refine All Edges Automatically, based on the original Green RotoBrush Done.

A Feature where you could do an Automatic Edge Refine Brush around all of the Roto Brush Outlined would be Amazing. instead of having to pause anytime theirs a new Area I need to draw my Refine Edge Brush in a different Area it could be a feature where it automatically finds all edges to do this to. if selected a button like "Automatic Refine Edger, or Refine All Edges"

Up to you guys. It would be extremely helpful for my work though. Again thank you, RotoBrush 2 has sped up the work amazingly. Thank you

TOPICS
Feature request , Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi default2dtac6jllmie,

Thank you very much for these feature requests! We appreciate the feedback.

Would you mind going into more detail about freeze-framing a Roto Brush'd layer? Currently, you are able to use the Take Snapshot button ( the small camera icon ) at the bottom of the Layer panel to save the current frame and then use the Show Snapshow button beside it to show the saved frame and compare to the current frame. You can also use the Time Remapping in Layer > Time > Freeze Frame to create a freeze-frame at any point on a layer with Roto Brush applied.

To use Refine Edge around all edges of the matte, you can make a single Refine Edge stroke anywhere around the edge, then increase the "Base Refine Edge Radius" in the Roto Brush effect to uniformly increase the Refine Edge around the whole alpha boundary. Is this similar to what you are requesting? If not, please feel free to go into more detail about how you would see the "Automatic Refine Edge" working.

Thanks again, cheers!

- John, After Effects Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know if this is what the OP had in mind, but I've been finding more and more how much I would LOVE to be able to "Freeze" the Rotobrush on frame spans while being able to edit the roto on other frames. As it is now, with an all or nothing approach I lose several minutes of productivity waiting on the propogation of the whole roto'ed layer when my edits only changed a few frames. I realize there's a ripple effect to edits, but I'd like to have the decision-making power over the software.

Thanks,

- DK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources