Cannot add media to Essential Graphics panel

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to drag my media (tried png and mp4) into the Essential Graphics panel.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Dyretchka.

Thank you for reporting this issue. Have you enabled the Beta feature for Media Replacement in the Beta menu?

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 4.06.30 PM.png

After selecting this option, you should be directed to close After Effects (Beta) and on re-opening it you should be able to add layers to Essential Graphics panel. Images and videos are not be added from the Project panel, but instead from the Timeline.

If you have already enabled the feature and still cannot add layers to the EGP from the Timeline, please let us know your system specs and possibly provide a screen recording of the behavior you are seeing.

Thanks again,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

O.M.G. It took me 2+ hours of watching youtube videos trying to figure out what I was doing wrong before I was finally able to find this support post. This has to have so many users jumping from the nearest balcony. I'll climb down now.

Just to say - does it seem logical that to try a sweet new feature in the beta version, you have to enable the beta feature in the beta version? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines