Changing the font of multiple text layers at once

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the fonts of multiple text layers at once doesn't work via the Character Panel. On change, the new font gets applied to the text layers correctly and the change of font can be seen in the comp viewer, but it then toggles back to the initial font.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Will,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Would you be able to post a screen recording of the bug occurring? In the latest 17.5.1.31 on macOS, I don't have any issue changing the typeface of multiple Text layers at once, whether they were all the same typeface or set to different typefaces.

Would you be to post your system specs and which Beta build you are using when you experience the bug? Also, are there any expressions controlling the typeface of the layers? That would prevent typeface/font selection in the Character panel.

Thank so much for any additional information,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John,

I was assuming AE would submit the system specs to the post. I'm on Windows 10 v.2004 Build 19041.508, running AE v.17.5.1 Build 28.

The good news is, that the bug is not reproducible. And to further clarify the issue: I was only attempting to change the font weight, not the font family. There were no expressions involved at the time.

Thanks, John!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines