• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incorrect disk cache folder report on startup

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed build 42 and it warned me that "Your disk cache folder is on a drive that does not have enough available storage to safely store the full amount...". I'd specified 100 GB max in preferences and the drive still had 122GB left. I'm not sure if this is correct behaviour - I guess leaving 22 GB is not perfeect. But it doesn't really seem right the way it was reported.

Also, when I tried to report this bug, I got redirected to the UK site and it lost the reporting process. I had to re-submit from AE and it then correctly came to this page.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kaleel,

Thank you for reporting this issue in the Beta build. Would you be able to confirm that the preferences for After Effects (Beta) are set to the correct drive? The Beta builds do not share preferences with the non-Beta builds and therefore the cache would be set to the default location on the system drive when first launched.

When you were trying to report this issue, what link did you use which then redirected you to the UK site and which UK site was it? We would definitely like to avoid any bugs or issues getting lost in such a manner.

Please let us know if the above suggestion about the cache preference made any difference and thank you again for any additional information.

Cheers,

- John, After Effects Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John,

Yes, the beta AE cache was set to the local drive. I only have one drive internally to the laptop and no other drives were connected. The cache listed the local drive in Preferences. Interestingly, I’ve just started AE build 45 and it doesn’t report the issue. Perhaps this is because my free space has increased to about 190GB? Or maybe you’ve managed to fix the issue in this build?

Re the redirect, I just used the Provide Feedback icon in the beta bill to Report a Bug and it then asked me if I wanted to go to the US or the UK site. I’ve just done it again and it initially lands on https://www.adobe.com/index2.html. If I then choose UK, it lands on https://www.adobe.com/uk/index2.html, which just looks like a general home page for the UK.

Cheers,
Kaleel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources